|26| Chapter

Vihaan POV:

I woke up to an empty side of the bed, groaning as I shouted, "Vie?" with no response. This had me worrying. I went out to find empty halls, following the sounds of laughter that led me to the backyard, which had a pool in the corner.

Everyone was there having breakfast, and Anvi was sitting with a big plate of food, feeding Rishi and Anandh on either side of her. When she looked at me, she gave a heartwarming smile.

I pulled her up and crashed her into a big hug, hiding my face in the crook of her neck and inhaling her scent. I sighed, and she patted me with her free hand, asking, "What's wrong, Aan?" I pulled back, saying, "I didn't find you anywhere, so I thought..." I stopped speaking, but she nodded, as if she understood.

She hugged me, saying, "I am fine, Aan." I nodded, and Rahul came, saying, "Look, the big devil is behaving like a lost pup." Everyone laughed. I glared at Rahul, and he stuck his tongue out at me. I shook my head as Shri came to me, giving me a plate of breakfast. I patted her head, saying thank you.

She said, "I didn't bring that for you, Bhai. I want you to feed me." Seriously? I sat down with the plate, and Anvi kept feeding the boys as I fed my little munchkin. After we were done, Rahul gave me a plate, saying "She didn't have anything."

I nodded and went to her. She looked at the plate full of pasta, squealing with joy. I fed her, something I would gladly do for the rest of my life.

After some time, everyone agreed to go hiking, but it was super freezing out. Everyone wore extra clothes, and I made sure Anvi was packed with layers of clothes so that she wouldn't catch cold. She kept whining, and I added a scarf around her neck. She said, "Aan, seriously?" I didn't reply, just kissed her forehead.

All the elders stayed back at the resort, and we all headed to the mountain where we heard that there was a skating park.

When we went up, the girls jumped at the sight of the skating park. Anvi came to me, pulling me, saying, "Come on, Aan!" I laughed, running with her.

As we all bought tickets and put on skating shoes, a worker came to help Anvi. I growled at him, and he looked at me, immediately bowed his head, and ran off. Anvi turned to me, asking, "Did you just growl? Are you werewolf or something?" I just shrugged, kneeling beside her to tie her shoes.

She said, "You're seriously being overprotective, Aan. He's just an employee doing his job. You scared the shit out of him." I didn't say anything, getting up and pulled her with me. She shook her head when we entered the skating rink, going to the boys.

Anandh was stumbling, so she helped him. I saw her laughing and playing with them. Shri came to me, asking, "Bhai, can you teach me?" I nodded, smiling at her. I held her palms in mine, slowly teaching her.

She said, "Bhai, I'm glad to see you smiling rather than being emotionless." I smiled at her. I knew I had isolated everyone after my big sister's death. I became emotionless, tried to be strong for the family, closed myself off from everyone.

I knew shri wanted to spend more time with me, but I was scared. Scared that she might also get hurt. Now, I'm glad that I'm slowly getting back to my usual self. I'm glad that Vie brought some change in me.

After some time, Shri said, "Bhai, come on, let's go to Bhabi." I nodded, looking for her. I saw her at the end of the rink. Wait, she was talking to some other guy, and that idiot had an arm around her shoulder? What the heck? I went in at inhuman speed and pulled his arm off her, almost throwing him down.

Before the idiot fell, Anvi caught him, helping him up. She glared at me, shouting, "Aan, what the hell?" I said, "He was hugging you?" She said, "So what? He's my friend from college, dammit."