Chapter 2 In The Flesh

Note to self and FYI for others, waking up can be a pain. And I'm not talking about that feeling where you get up in your comfortable or uncomfortable bed with your head spinning because you decided to have a late night drink which spiraled into something rather disastrous, leaving you with a massive hangover to deal with the moment you wake up.

Oh, no Sire.

I mean the type where your whole body feels like it's on fire, alongside the uncomfortable and prickly sensation of your skin being poked by needles.
****
No not poked. Stabbed for good measure. Yeah, that feels about right.

Groaning heavily, a male figure sprawled on the floor before gradually lifting himself into an upright posture.

His aching temples and sour nose brought about measures of pain as he forced his eyes open.

He tried and failed to stand up from his sitting position as his weakened body failed to respond to him.

However, despite his aching figure, and contorted face, he sported a pair of bright purple eyes that held nothing but surprising calm.

The cold air assaulted his exposed body, causing in instinctive chill to run down his spine. The wind that blew past was continuous, making his body shiver.

Thankfully, the pain lessened over time until it eventually disappeared completely a few minutes later.

"Ok, that was... horrible. May I never have to experience that sort of pain again".

He finally stood upright as he adapted to his form. His eyes, which now held beautiful purple irises, ran all over his body.

"Yup, that confirms it. I'm naked, and lying in a hole for that matter. How splendid…." He said sarcastically as he clenched his fists.

The disorientation had disappeared, and he looked at himself to admire what he could only consider to be his new body.

"So I truly gained new form, huh? Nice. Now I can..." He had barely finished his words when something strange happened.

[New body created. Remaining Energy Units: 54623 Units]

His eye glowed a bright purple as he looked at his arm. Strange drawings had appeared on his arm from the wrist to his elbows section, covered with intricate markings akin to tattoos on his unblemished skin.

With a raised eyebrow, he looked at the drawings which had no distinct meaning at all but could strangely understand. To him, it was not strange at all.

"A hundred and sixty thousand, two hundred and eighty-one units of Apex celestial energy from the day of my existence until this moment. And now, what remains is less than half that number... Haa!"

He mumbled in a grumbling tone before letting out an exasperated sigh. His helplessness was rather justified, though.

"Twenty years, a whole twenty years to accumulate that much, and now I have less than half...."  He shook his head lightly to allay himself before continuing to examine his new body.

"Nevertheless, it doesn't matter. At least the energy was well spent. In case this body is destroyed, no matter how low the possibility is, I won't have to wait another twenty years to regain form. However, my curiosity about this world needs to be satisfied. I don't even know where I am exactly right now". He said inwardly as he climbed out of the hole.

What greeted his view was the sight of vast lands and the open road ahead of him. He looked down and realized that he was currently standing on asphalt with a straight white line that stretched down the road very far away.