Chapter 46 New Target

The Death Of Superman

After all, if that weren't the case, why was Superman missing recently.

Perry White had received this video from an anonymous tip off. After confirming several times that it wasn't fake, Perry saw the possibility of a big scoop.

If it were true, then this would definitely be the scoop of the century. If it wasn't, then it would still cause a considerable impact.

[The Invincible Man Of Steel Is Far From Invincible]

[How Much Longer Can Superman Protect Us]

[Man Of Steel In Critical Condition]

[Superman Defeated By Aliens]

One headline after another appeared within his mind. At the end of the day, he was the daily planet editor. He may not have anything against Superman and may secretly admire him, but that fact would need to change.

His Job was to bring new, reliable and spicy news to the general public. Although the video was evidence enough, and even if nothing had truly happened to Superman, no one would say anything against him, he still wanted to be certain. This was why he asked Clark to investigate.

When his mind drifted towards Clark, a thoughtful look flashed through his eyes. But with his flat expression, no one would be able to tell what he was thinking.

..............

“Hey Jimmy”. Lois called out as she caught up with the duo of Jimmy Olsen and Cat Grant.

“Hey Lois, what's up?”

“Um..... nothing, just the usual work”. Cat nodded at her reply while going through one folder after another.

She wore a beige white top, alongside a sexy black skirt that fit tightly, all complimenting her heels.

“I feel you, sister, the news train this past month has been on the fast track”. Cat voiced her thoughts, to which Jimmy replied.

“You can say that again. With the whole Central City invasion and all, I've been taking more pictures than I have all year. I can feel my fingers cramping”.

“By the way, do you think Luthor is gonna make good on his promises?”

Jimmy's question made Cat let out a small chuckle.

“Who knows what Lex Luthor's up too. Besides, isn't there an old saying that goes, “All politicians are the same”. I'd have more hope for the Joker next door suddenly gaining sanity”.

“What about this new scoop Perry's talking about? What could be up with Superman?”

“I don't know Jimmy, we'll have to wait for Clark to find that out”. The trio made a left turn at the corridor.

“Hey guys, about Clark.....” Lois, who had been silent the entire time finally, had a chance to butt in.

“........ Have you guys found him a bit...... different?”

“Huh? Clark? What about him?” Jimmy asked with puzzlement.

“Um..... it's nothing. I just noticed that he's been a little..... off since he got back from sick leave”. Lois replied with a slight frown.

Cat tilted her head slightly. Her eyes narrowed and Lois felt an intense gaze boring into her face.

“You're sure observant of our famous coffee boy, aren't you?” A smile appeared on Cat's face as she spoke in a teasing tone.

“I......” Lois blushed slightly.

“Oh Oh! Has our special office flower finally found someone of interest?” Cat continued to tease.