Chapter 33 Cadmus Is Gone

The sudden explosive rise in room temperature was accompanied by the scalding heat exceeding thousands of degrees.

BOOM!

The lab filled with several important experiments, heavily invested equipment and research facilities amounting to millions was swept away by a raging black inferno.

The pitch-black flames reacted like a starving living entity, engulfing and devouring anything and everything in its path. Everything that met its touch was destroyed in a split second.

The fleeing Martian felt the scalding heat, and the bald scalp in her Martian form tingled. Mericrozz was so frightened that her intangible form quickly phased right through the nearest wall. Her flying speed was raised to the extreme, that it seemed her soul would leave her body and escape on its own if she didn't move fast enough.

At that moment, the all too familiar feeling of fear and crippling anxiety assaulted her nerves and threw her mind into chaos.

Fire! A Martian's worst fear. Mericrozz who knew all too well how vulnerable she would be if she didn't get as far away as possible from that blazing heat, ran as fast as she could.

With her Martian abilities, she phased through wall after wall in a frenzy.

Amari saw her escape from the room, and his body blurred after her. A second after he disappeared, the spot where he stood was enveloped by the pitch-black flames.

Blar! Blar! Blar!

The alarms sounded throughout the buildings like sirens, yet Mericrozz paid them no heed as she focused all her might on escaping.

Her body was invisible and intangible, enabling her to move at high speeds without being noticed.

The Martian who was flying forwards suddenly changed directions and pierced through the roof. Her body appeared on the upper floor.

Appearing here, she instantly deactivated density shifting and, in her Martian form, spat out a mouthful of blood.

The bloodline oozed from the corner of her mouth.

Seeing the blood, the white Martian was visibly gloomy. Using her powers wasn't effortless. It would be if she was in perfect condition, but that wasn't the case at the moment.

The consistent use of telepathy, telekinesis, and density shifting carried a rather heavy strain on her damaged body. This could be seen through the very visible scars on her form and the leg area that was missing a foot.

If she couldn't fly, her mobility would have been greatly limited.

However, in her opinion, being severely wounded was much better off than being dead. The self-destruct blast from her spaceship back a month ago carried great destructive power.

Sensing that something was wrong at that time, she immediately phased away and escaped from the spaceship at her fastest speed.

Nevertheless, she didn't make it out unscathed, as she was still caught within the range of the explosion. Even if she was a Martian, a blast of that magnitude was enough to leave her in a half dead state.

Her current physical condition was the result of one month's worth of recuperation. After all, the Martian Physiology granted highly enhanced durability, making them almost nigh invulnerable, capable of tanking bullets, armored shells, energy blasts and a lot of kinetic damage but ultimately, this level of toughness was still a bit lacking when compared to Kryptonians.

Surviving an explosion almost comparable to a nuclear blast was already good enough. The fact that she also survived the trip back to earth in the meteor debris, although not in one piece, was enough to show how tough her body was.