Chapter 32 Amaterasu

"Another one?" Bruce listened to the Gotham radio reporting the news concerning the crash of another meteor near Gotham and his flat expression grew a little rigid.

The bat computer had already pulled up a live video footage of a reporter from the Gotham Daily flying towards the area of the crash site on a helicopter

"...... Cynthia Hall from The Gotham Daily Bugle with reports of another meteor crash outside the vicinity of Gotham....."

Contrary to what people would expect however, the news chopper stopped about a mile away from the reported landing area.

"As you can all see folks, the trail of smoke in the air shows that the meteor landed in that area. Home and Private territory of the Infamous alien otherwise known as The Deviant..... Unfortunately however, authorities have clearly stated that this area is strictly off limits to even the press populace and according to past news reports, the whole area is shielded by an energy shield......"

"....... Further entry is not only forbidden but also unsafe as the barrier is said to be impenetrable. The citizens of the nation are beginning to wonder whether Amari is ....."

With furrowed brows, Bruce took a sip from his coffee, placed his favorite mug down on a coaster and stood up from his chair.

At the moment, Bruce wasn't putting on casual wear but was donning on pitch black tights, a long black cape with a Black Bat symbol on his chest area.

The Batman getup. The pitch black spandex suit with highly advanced tech equipped within it stuck close to his body.

"Amari's energy dome doesn't allow entry to foreign entities or objects and yet miraculously, a streaking meteor makes its way into his territory without intrusion".

Bruce narrated his thoughts to no one in particular as he was the only one present within the Batcave.

He already knew about the energy barrier surrounding the area. If Amari hadn't set up those shields, then there would always be a group of reporters who didn't know what was good for them, attempting to sneak into his base unnoticed.

Knowing that such a place was the base city of an unknown, very dangerous extraterrestrial entity should supposedly dissuade them from having such thoughts and engaging them?

Bruce knew that the answer to that question was a big fat no. If you want proof, all you had to do was look at people like Iris West Allen and Lois Lane who put their lives in danger time and time again while chasing after potentially dangerous leads......

Honestly, he thought it was nothing but madness.

There would always be reporters willing to put their necks on the line for a good scoop. There were those like the above mentioned who had a natural yet synonymously dangerous curiosity for the unknown and the supernatural.

While there were others who would do it for a possible promotion or a quick buck.

Bruce remembered clearly Clark and Barry's stories concerning how these two women spent majority of their time stalking their alter ego's.

He found it somewhat amusing actually, but that wasn't the point.

The dome was erected to prevent anything from getting in. But now......

"Computer, play satellite imaging on the meteors descent". Bruce gave an order and the screen changed.

The surveillance footage of the meteor descending on Gotham City played on the screen.

"Rewind......".

"Pace in slow motion". Batman said solemnly as he studied the video of the falling meteor. It didn't take him long to notice the very abnormal change of trajectory during its fall.