Chapter 15 I'm A Citizen Now

BOOM!

The sound of heavy impact resounded, causing coast city residents to flee further away from the area.

Many took their phones, immediately, dialing 911 while others ran for cover.

At Ferris Aircraft.....

A tall middle-aged man with a dark complexion and a bald head touched his ears with an attentive expression.

"A leaguer has appeared.... Understood. Commencing operations now, Sir". The man wore a dark green army uniform and turned around.

His stern face was on full display for the group of soldiers behind him who were waiting for his command.

"Alright everyone, the target has appeared. Everybody move out". He yelled at the top of his voice while stretching his arm forward.

Dozens of soldiers quickly rushed towards their armored vehicles, each one of them were fully geared with weapons.

"Go, Go, Go!"

...

Artemis, who had moved quite a distance with her body, still facing the battle scene, looked upward to see someone that was all too familiar.

Decked in a Green uniform with a mask on his face, Hal Jordan A.K.A. Green lantern levitated in the air.

A beam of light extended out of his ring and at the end of it was a giant hammer materialized from the power of will.

Upon arriving, he immediately performed a quick assessment of the situation, and seeing his target alongside the damaged surroundings, he attacked without a second thought.

This guy was going to be brought in any way. It didn't matter if he was a bit bruised.

Seeing a member of the League, Artemis subconsciously let out a sigh of relief. Just the few seconds that Amari stared at her put a heavy pressure on her being.

Now that Green Lantern was here, it meant the rest of the League would soon appear as well. The danger was taken care of.

Artemis thought this way. Hal, however, was having.... difficulties.

His face suddenly scrunched up as he felt his hammer construct meet with immense resistance. The dust cleared up as Amari's perfect features appeared.

His head was tilted upwards, and his right hand was pushing against a green hammer five times his size.

He raised an eyebrow at the scene in front of him and figured out the identity of his attacker.

"Nice hammer. Unfortunately for you, I'm not a nail". He said as he resisted the pressing weight on him with one hand.

Hal looked at the scene and narrowed his eyebrows. Seeing that he was unable to drill him into the earth, the light from the ring glowed brighter as he immersed more power into his construct in an attempt to take down Amari.

"Looks like Super Strength can be confirmed on his power list. Seriously, why does every alien we encounter always have some form of enhanced strength?" Hal complained inwardly while marveling about the strength of this guy.

There are powerful races in the universe, but few have the strength capable of going head on with the wielder of a lantern ring.

The ring's capabilities would instantly transform an average life form into a cosmic powerhouse. If all aliens had strength capable of matching a green lantern, the work of the Green Lantern Corps would definitely be significantly harder.

Hal had a dark face as he increased his output, yet his opponent was still going one-handed.

Dammit! This feels just like Clark.