Chapter 34 Clark's Up

Metropolis Outskirts

Cadmus.

“......... a job well done, I suppose”. Looking at the entire area practically covered in a sea of black flames, Amari thought inwardly as he flew above it all.

Cadmus was now officially history. Well..... At least this division of it. There were other Cadmus research sites across the United States.

This was just one of them. However, he didn't have any intentions to pursue the rest. The loss of this facility alone had caused Luthor to lose millions in hardware and billions in software.

As for the rest, he was too lazy to actually put his hands into action. Destroying one was enough. Plus, if he decided to destroy a few more, it might disrupt Lex from carrying out his plans.

“We certainly can't have that”.

His gaze shifted from the burning ruins towards the direction of Washington, DC.

As his work was done, Amari withdrew his gaze and conveniently disappeared into space.

The space concealment he had thrown around the area to isolate space and prevent any news from getting out timely disappeared as soon as he did. Judging by this time tomorrow, the whole of America would be bustling with this news.

..........

Washington DC.

In a high-rise penthouse,

Looking at the screen in front him, Lane couldn't help getting annoyed deep within his heart. Nevertheless, etiquette needed to be maintained, and his facial expressions didn't change a bit.

“This matter is deemed inappropriate, Mr. President”.

The picture in front of him showed the face of the Newly elected American president.

Dressed in a stylish black suit, blue tie and white long - sleeve shirt within, the bald head on his body made his identity unmistakable.

Lex looked at Lane's unchanging expression from his end, and his eyebrows furrowed a little.

“Why do you say so, General?”

“The AI is too dangerous. It has already been decided that the Red Queen will be under the care and control of the United States military to decipher for our use”.

Sam said flatly. His standard Army coat was gone from his shoulders and his dressing, although formal, looked a lot more casual than it usually was.

“I'm just saying, if the Military is having trouble deciphering such advanced technology, Cadmus operations is more than happy to take this burden off your hands. We have ample resources after all”. Lex said with a slight smile on his lips, trying to make himself look as amiable as possible.

Sam frowned.

“As do we, Mr. President. To be frank with you, although the progress is slow, progress is progress. This is highly advanced technology we are dealing with, after all. And due to its source, the AI is something that cannot be rushed, if not, the disadvantages would outweigh the benefits”.

Lex's small smile dropped from his face. Sam's words contained all the information he wanted to portray. A direct refusal.

Due to the invasion incident of Central city, Lex, who had suffered a loss and almost lost his life, used the tragedy of Central City's destruction to fuel his campaign.

Promoting his ideals on the need for increased National Security and the helpful additions from GBS pundit Gordon Godfrey on the Justice League's and aliens as a whole, he was able to smoothly bag the presidential post less than a month later.