Chapter 74 It Wasn't Healing

"Um.... Oh..... Clark Kent....". The parasite murmured softly as memories that didn't belong to him appeared in his mind.

He found these memory clips quite interesting.

"... Or is it Kal-El?" He asked while staring at the Kryptonian who only had his eyes visible within the gaps of parasite's claws.

"..... No matter". And so, he grasped the man of Steel's neck with his other hand, absorbing even more.

From afar, it looked like Superman was being choked to death. The truth of the matter wasn't that far off.

"Oh my God! Are you getting this?" The reporter asked with amazement as he hid behind the nearby bushes.

The cameraman also had wide eyes, filming the scene before him.

He couldn't understand. Was Superman losing?

"Hehehehe". The purple monster let out eerie chuckles with each passing second while The Man Of Steel found it difficult to move a muscle.

Never had he experienced such a feeling of unprecedented weakness. Oh wait, he had experienced something like this before.

It was basically how he felt when there was kryptonite in the vicinity. However, he knew this was worse.

Feeling the solar radiation being drained out of him, Clark knew that if he didn't do something soon, he would die.

"... Seriously?" Standing on the building a distance away, I couldn't help but tilt my head.

Superman's battle against parasite was quite underwhelming. The fight had barely begun and the man of steel was already at a disadvantage. And this wasn't the type that had the possibility of a comeback.

In the DC universe, Parasite's skillset could be regarded as Superman's perfect restraint.

And Clark who engaged in battle against a foe with abilities he knew nothing about, suffered a serious loss in the opening minute.

Unless there was help from external sources, The Man Of Tomorrow practically suffered a K.O.

This was probably the first time Superman was being so easily defeated without Kryptonite.

I could see the situation. This wasn't one of those movies where the hero struggled back and forth with the villain even when he was in an unfavorable condition. If no one helped, Superman would truly die.

But Superman was the favorite of the DC universe. Even if he died, he would be brought back to life with some crazy shenanigans, resurrecting stronger than he was before his death.

But that wasn't the matter right now.

"Should I help?" The thought crossed my mind for a second.

The reason why I would even ask myself that was almost flabbergasting. Did I want to help?... No, not really. The thought of "helping" made me feel exhausted already.

So why would I ask?

Was I bored?

Ok, maybe a little... But ... That was Superman. DC logic stated that he would be fine..... Ish.... I guess?

"Weird". I said with a puzzling frown. I didn't want to help, but strangely, there was some little, very little, I mean atomically little part of me that also didn't want to see him die for some reason. Now what reason could that be?

The thought of having Alice document this to unravel later played in my head. I would find out soon enough.

As for Superman..... Nah! My good thoughts were simply to watch the show. The fight was underwhelming and the winner would basically be decided in a few more seconds, but hey, it's better than nothing.