Chapter 9 Amari

The devastation that had occurred today in Metropolis was so unexpected, leaving hundreds if not thousands dead and many more injured in one way or another.

Was it a tragedy? Yes, it was.

Was it shocking? Maybe?

Was it completely out of the norm? Now that was a definite No. Things like this weren't abnormal. At least not anymore.

If you thought about it with half a head filled with good brain cells, you wouldn't be half surprised that this kind of event really happened.

After all, this was the DC world, where crazy shit regularly happened on a weekly basis. Ever since the formation of the league, sworn to uphold Justice and combat evil, it seemed like world ending events akin to alien attacks, mutant menaces and armored terrorists running about to wreak havoc had just become your regular old Tuesday.

The mayor getting kidnapped by criminals with plasma charged weapons wasn't even enough to elicit a reaction from a listener, and Super villains remaining at large were only good enough to get on the front page.

Normal civilians had gotten so used to it to the point that they didn't realize the Earth was turning into a major beacon for all sorts of trouble.

So today's event was at best another tragedy that would soon disappear from the papers in about a week or slightly more. Maybe used for references in future stories for the media.

But that would happen later. Presently, Superman was neck deep in search and rescue operations alongside Batman. Trying to save any additional soul they could before death took them away.

It was at times like this that they truly needed Barry.

And in a certain alley flanked by two buildings dozens of blocks away, a figure mysteriously appeared out of thin air, his feet gently landing on the cemented floor without so much as a sound.

The alley wasn't as dark, damp and disgusting as most would usually describe alleyways.

Although this could be attributed to the fact that this was an alley in Metropolis, not Gotham.

His facial features were almost otherworldly and could only be described as truly impressive.

A Mangekyo Sharingan spun in his eyes as his vision peered far beyond what normal eyes could see.

Looking at all the destruction that was caused, he had to generously admit one thing.

Superman's fights are a true property hazard.

That's right. Regarding the Man of steel, there are very few fight scenes in which he was actually able to instantly incapacitate the enemy without first causing one form of damage or the other.

It always made him wonder, who paid for all the cars and personal property that Superman and his opponents destroyed in each battle?

As Superman never seemed capable of quick one shots against his opponents despite his super speed that although wasn't as impressive as the flash, could be considered in a league of its own when compared to non speedsters.

Was Superman slacking off? No, that wasn't even a question anymore. For a kryptonian that absorbed energy from the yellow sun for a thirty-year period, his performance showed that the guy was clearly slacking off.

Still, that didn't matter to him. Once again, he cared little for Kal-el.

What truly mattered right now was whether his labor had borne fruits. He raised his hand that was holding the phone towards his ear and answered the call.