Chapter 10 A Bat's Deductions

"... his condition is..... peculiar to say the least". Batman finished.

"That's Lobo?" Superman couldn't help but exclaim in shock. Not his fault, though. His mind was so focused on the other alien then worried about the damages and casualties that it subconsciously forgot to register Lobo's situation.

Which was shocking to say the least.

Lobo who was able to go toe to toe with him, looked to be on the verge of death. Not to mention that he always found a way to recover from every blow as if it never happened, a stark contrast to what he looked like now.

Superman and Lobo, although both were in the same weight class, had two different distinctions as Clark mainly relied on his strong, invulnerable physique which made him potentially immune to almost all physical harm.

The fact that there was nothing on Earth apart from Kryptonite that could hurt him, all but reinforced that fact as the Man of Steel wouldn't mind taking heavy punches as they wouldn't inflict the slightest damage.

In the Superman versus brainiac movie where a Metal humanoid crashed towards earth, fought with Superman and used a sharp weapon made from foreign metals to attack Superman's forehead, the weapon just bounced off while Clark voiced out.

"I actually felt that!"

His strength and invulnerable physique was the core of what made Clark Kent, Superman.

Lobo on the other hand was quite the opposite. He had Clark's strength but lacked his indestructibility. In fact, Lobo's skin defense might not even be stronger than a slightly stronger superhuman.

But his regenerative factor more than made-up for the unkillable cockroaches shortcomings. Superman relied much less on his ability to heal way faster from serious injuries than regular humans, as the man of steel rarely got injured to begin with.

An enemy that could cause Superman to bleed was both challenging to find and potentially disastrous.

So the way Superman's Invulnerability was his core signature, the Czarnian's was his Immortality. And now, Lobo looked more mortal than a cancer patient on a sickbed.

"Surprisingly, it is". Batman said as he began moving his hands to swipe up information.

The news feed was gone, replaced a moment later by half a dozen holographic panels projecting everything he'd gathered, the object of their collective undivided attention.

With a gesture, one of the panels flickers to the front and enlarges, expanding its contents as it does.

"I got this from the lantern's network left in the tower database. Lobo as he's called, is an Intergalactic Mercenary with a very high mission success rate. Wanted in over 95 different star systems. He has some similarities with Superman as he hails from the planet Czarnian, which was destroyed many years ago by the man himself, leaving him to be the last of his kind". Bruce said, as he read from what he could find.

His last words left Superman with a particularly scrunched up face.

"And most apparently, the Czarnian's are known for their immortality, gestured in the fact that they can't die from old age and are nearly impossible to kill in a fight as they are capable of regenerating from all injuries inflicted on them". Superman nodded at Batman's words.

Now, that description perfectly fit with the man who nearly killed him.

Although, the idea of true immortality sounded a bit over the top even to him.

At this point, Diana interjected.

"If this man's race is so impossible to kill, how come he managed to murder his entire species". Thinking of the fact that an entire civilization had been wiped out by one man caused her eyebrows to furrow in slight disgust.