Chapter 72 Text Blast

Ok, so let's put down the check marks, shall we?

Fat! Check.

Black! Check

Face as cold as steel, check!

Yep, that's her.

I watched the fat lady climb up to me with a calm and composed steps. That, coupled with her expressionless features, sharp eyes and corporate look merged to showcase refined elegance, an intimidating aura and a stern business look........

Or at least that's what she was going for.

For those who knew her reputation, and didn't have a good enough reputation or background of their own, that combo would certainly work wonders.

If she planned to strut something out here which I'm almost definitely sure she would, then it'd probably lead to a tragedy.

........ No wonder Clark's expression was so unsightly. Most likely, he thought the same as well.

“The Famed Amari! Believe me when I say that you're a hard man to get a hold of”.

She said with a plain tone. Her confident act would be so much more convincing if she was a few inches taller.

I tilted my head slightly downwards as she raised her head up to talk to me properly.

For one of the major female DC villains, her height was a major letdown.

She would at least look more imposing if she wasn't so short.

My thoughts were on full display in my eyes. I knew it, and she did too.

A trace of annoyance flashed through those black irises but vanished as quickly as they appeared.

“Allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Amanda Waller. A well-renowned politician and new Secretary of the DOD dealing with all supernatural activities in the United States”.

“That..... Includes you”.

“Oh! So You're Lane's replacement”. I said, feigning ignorance.

“I haven't received any news from him for a long time. What happened”.

“I think someone like you should already be well aware of General Lane's situation”.

She remarked with narrowed eyes.

“The military has made many attempts to contact you, but all have proved unresponsive”.

“I left your department a way to contact me. So your unresponsive efforts are not my fault”.

“You left the way to contact you with Lane. As well as a critical asset that could jeopardize the safety of the country if it falls into the wrong hands”.

“So the Red Queen was stolen as well”. I chuckled with amusement. My gaze settled on her practically screamed that I was watching a something akin to a performance.

“Kinda makes your country department redundant to have one of their own abducted in broad daylight within their territory, don't you agree?”

“You.......”. The calm facade was finally broken.

Waller's face took on a frown as she stared at me intently.

“I hope you can quit playing dumb with me Mr. Amari. As the DOD would like to enlist your help to track down the missing asset and the missing general”.

She said, "would like" but her tone didn't sound like she was asking.

“Oh great, then what's in it for me?” I asked with a small smile. The thought of her saying something similar to “you'd be serving and proving allegiance to your new country” crossed my mind.