Chapter 8 Hypocritical

Bruce POV

"But we do have that right". He said as he landed on his feet, his entrance as dramatic and imposing as he always subconsciously tried to make it. Batman, otherwise known as Bruce Wayne raised his head high, his dark and broody aura circled him, though invisible, making him completely indistinguishable from his second self.

Batman and Bruce Wayne were two different personae. And right here, right now, he was Batman. Possibly, the Justice league's most intimidating member.

The Bat of Gotham, who was even capable of hard violence when it came to dealing with criminals. Broken bones, snapped fingers, bloody scars, e.t.c.

The first thing he did after he uttered those words was to properly assess the situation in front of him.

Superman, all ripped up with battered clothing but still, he had looked worse. So there was nothing to worry about concerning him.

Clark was fine.

His eyes did a quick scan of Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane, who seemed surprised at the abrupt arrival of the dark night before ultimately falling at the main center of attraction.

Fair features, Male, definitely six feet and above, looks indicate his age couldn't be more than his mid-twenties. At least that was if it were judged by human standards. But according to he himself, he was no human. He was like Clark, an alien from the vast universe, apparently here to settle a score. What
alien race could show such power apart from a kryptonian, he didn't know?

He would have to ask Hal and Stewart to see if his origins could be excavated whenever they returned.

His outstretched arm held what looked like a dead creature, male as well, hovering half a foot off the ground.

His condition was terrible, and there was almost nothing from the outward appearance that would indicate he wasn't dead.

He watched the whole scene from Lois Lane's Live footage in real time, so he knew this much. He had already been in the bat jet when he discovered Superman was landing in Metropolis.

How did he know? The bat cave was connected to the Watchtowers' surveillance system, which monitored the arrival of extraterrestrial objects from outer space. That and Superman had sent in an emergency beacon to all available Leaguers.

Unfortunately, not everyone was available.

The Lanterns were off world. Both of them, for that matter. Cyborg was at star labs.

Jonn's location was currently unknown as he took some time off to investigate personal matters. While wonder woman was in Themyscira. The only ones who could respond fast enough were Flash and Shazam.

However, Barry was dealing with an incident in central city, while Batman didn't even know if Shazam had noticed the alert. Technically, he should be in school at this time.

The rest of the league still didn't know that the champion of the Gods with powers rivaling Superman's was actually just a kid from a foster home. Currently, he planned to keep it that way.

In the period of a few minutes, in which the jet had flown on autopilot, he was watching the Live footage of the daily planet's Lois Lane concerning the new superpowered individuals who had decided to pay earth a little visit.

Now confirmed extraterrestrials, both with power capable of rivaling Superman. One having beaten Clark to a state of near death, while the other had proven himself an overachiever by beating his predecessor to a similar state.

Making this young man who looked awfully similar to a human particularly eye-catching. The arrival of two such individuals with powers on equal grounds with Superman, otherwise known as the league's heaviest hitter, on the same day sent a pit into his stomach.