Chapter 54 Flash And Zoom

Kara's POV

...........

Everything around me was different. Compared to my home world, it was unfamiliar, vastly divided, had almost no similarities.

Looking into the distance, I could see the bright lights, the automobiles, the buildings, the regular people walking around, going about their daily lives.

The lights were kinda ordinary and the buildings weren't anything special either. It could be given points for the novelty it brought me, seeing the designs.

Something new after all, but compared to Krypton, let's just say its beauty wasn't all that beautiful in my eyes.

But compared to the tranquility and orderliness of Krypton, this planet had its form of charm in the midst of its chaos.

It had something I rarely felt back home. Life.

In all that massacre and chaos and destruction that was almost overwhelming sometimes, I could feel the liveliness, the freedom of will, the desires that humanity had within them.

It does have its problems, though. Like really, really, really big problems. I could name a few dozen from the top of my head right this instant, but that's not the point, neither was it important right now.

The only thing that reminded me of Krypton was up in the sky. Gazing upward, I could see numerous twinkling blue lights in the night sky.

Stargazing. One of my favorite things to do before going to bed, back on my home world.

It was....... nice.

To be honest, the first few hours were hard. After the first day of grief, I eventually got used to it. Tried my hardest to bottle up all that sorrow somewhere and lock it up for as long as I could.

And subsequently, I soon got to see....... Countless things.

There was this machine. I believe “he” called it the cerebral transducer. Through it, I was able to learn a lot of things within one hour than I could have in months.

In the process of transferring so much information directly into my mind, I marvelled on so many new things on this planet.

Strange concepts that Krypton never had.

Like entertainment and industries outside the three major factions [Science, labor and security], different activities, though some were a bit weird but enjoyable nonetheless. Like romance, love and......... Ok, let's skip that part. Apparently, I watched some things I shouldn't have.

Television, sports, book clubs, superstars, music, a whole new system of democracy.....

I saw some darker sides, but I also saw the light. From what I had discovered, these humans were honestly treacherous and deceitful, paranoid, greedy and....... they were a lot of things.

But they had something we Kryptonians never had.

A Future.

A Future that was up to them, to do whatever they pleased with it. They had hopes, dreams, light and so much life to fulfill those heart desires of theirs.

Whatever they may be.

Their lives weren't predetermined like Kryptonians and they had no idea what awaits them later on. But it was for this reason that their future was limitless, their free will always made sure they had room for growth, and as long as they didn't eventually destroy themselves, then they would continue to grow.

Looking at the people going about their lives, my heart thumped slightly. This was the life I wanted, the life that my cousin so desperately tried to protect each day.