Chapter 30 Meteor Crash

"Sir, I remember this. Isn't this the city that mysteriously appeared a few miles outside Gotham?"

"Oh! Have you been paying more attention to the news, Alfred?"

"Do not mock me, sir". The old butler complained.

"But why are you paying so much attention? I remember that seven out of ten times when I entered the Bat cave, the Batcomputer was monitoring that same location".

"Because whatever Luthor is planning, I feel nine out of ten times that it has something to do with him". Bruce replied.

"Plus, the subject in question is a very dangerous existence that possibly poses a big threat to the planet. So proper monitoring is a necessity".

Bruce responded. His eyes narrowed slightly as he watched the footage of Amari's Tower.

Honestly, the fact that he didn't know anything that was going on there irked him to no end. And there was nothing he could do to change that.

He should know, after all because he tried everything. Hacking with the Bat computer.... No success. He even had to change the entire computer because the whole thing got fried when he did.

Sneaking in? No possible success on that end either. He didn't try it himself, simply because he couldn't find any blind spots to sneak in through.

Plus, Bruce had that gut feeling inside of him that he would be discovered the moment he approached a certain range. He could have asked Martian Manhunter to give it a try, but the whole thing was too risky.

There was just too little information on the target and his HQ as a whole. Bruce wouldn't even know where to begin looking, assuming he managed to get inside.

Clark was currently unconscious, or he would have asked him to perform an X-ray scan and draw out the schematics for him.

Thinking of all this, his teeth itched, causing him to gnash them. Concerning Amari, he had so many questions digging into the depths of his mind that he wanted answers to.

"I believe he is also the savior of Mr. Kent's life, according to what I saw on TV". Alfred chimed in.

"Yes, and he almost killed him too". Bruce retorted with a bit of a frosty tone.

The World Government had practically announced that Amari and the military had worked together to destroy the Spaceship. How they managed to do it was currently beyond Batman's knowledge, as he couldn't easily access government secrets like he used to anymore.

If it were someone else, he might be skeptical, but Amari couldn't be judged with common sense. So the fact that the spaceship was destroyed was his credit until someone proved him otherwise.

But that wasn't the point. The point laid in the fact that Superman was blown up alongside the rest of the ship too.

With the state Clark was in when he was captured, Bruce already expected the worst when the watchtower recorded the explosion.

This was what made him gloomy.

Bruce wasn't sure if he knew Clark would survive, or he just wasn't concerned about Superman's life and death.

But there was no way he didn't know that Superman was captured.

So basically, live if you can and if you can't... Thinking of Amari's personality, Bruce settled for the latter option.

"..... Oh! Well, you can spare me the details, Master Bruce because Mr. Kent certainly isn't dead yet".  Alfred stated flatly. Bruce raised an eyebrow.