Chapter 20 War Of The Bounty Hunters 2

United States.

Washington, DC, World Nations Conference.

DC Conference Hall.

"The league disagrees".

"On what defense do you rest on to voice your disapproval? You and the rest of the League should know that violating the agreement is a serious offense".

"Be that as it may, it is not enough to make us relinquish possession of it".

"On what grounds do you say so, Superman? I hope you know that the Android does not belong to your team. You have no legal claims on it".

"Neither does it belong to any specific nation, for that matter. Anthony Ivo's creation is a weapon that can threaten the world. Its parts are a perpetual target for dangerous individuals, and we see it fit that this Android remains in our custody".

"This is the consensus of the council on this matter. Your current actions have diminished whatever trust we have in the league. The blatant disregard shows that you see yourselves superior to the law and our words hold little importance to you". A Caucasian man dressed in a snazzy white suit said from the high podium.

Superman frowned.

"Our actions at the time were completely necessary. The agreement states that league members are forbidden from acting as restricted nations. It never said anything about the proteges of each league member, if I remember right".

Clark said candidly, causing everyone's eyes to narrow. They weren't surprised much that Superman had played his trick. It was indeed a loophole in the agreement after all, a loophole which they were exploiting to its full potential.

"Does this mean that the league had no knowledge of their protégé's actions?"

A female councilman asked.

"I reserve the answer to this question for Batman, as he is the one in charge of these operations. Unfortunately, he is currently busy and can't attend". Superman replied.

"You don't expect us to believe that".

"Believe what you will".

.....

"Even if that is pushed aside, how does the league explain Cyborg hacking into government satellites and classified information without permission". Another Councilman said tacitly.

"I have no impression of any league members undergoing such actions". Superman expressionlessly denied it without a second thought.

Cyborg had already let him know all he needed to know. There was no way they would be able to trace it back to them. So even if they knew, they could only be indignant about it.

As for the matter of breaking the agreement, the league still had room to wiggle around. After all, there was sufficient evidence of criminal actions in each of the Junior teams operations.

That would serve as a perfect counter to whatever they had to throw at them.

Cyborg thought so, so did Clark and the others.

"Then how does the League explain this?" The head councilman suddenly smiled as a projection appeared.

....

Less than twenty minutes later.

Superman and cyborg left the conference room with ugly expressions.

Cyborg in particular had the ugliest as he checked through his systems on his past actions.

".... I don't understand how…."

Vic was confused at the moment. The projection had shown all of Cyborgs influences, traces of his works in government systems. Whether it be hacking into satellites or private military enterprises, secret files and the likes, it had shown it all.