Chapter 52 Bruno Mannheim, Traitor

The road heading towards the city itself was strangely deserted, save for the three vans on the road that practically screamed, "something's up”.

This was the plan, of course. The last transport which was as low profile as possible didn't work out so well. In that case, then while being covert, make it as secure as possible.

This was what Waller said. And she meant every single word of it.

Aside from the standard fully armored truck, every single member of the wolf Unit was equipped with state-of-the-art laser blasters.
Up
Alongside other weapons like pulse grenades, Meta-human dampeners, RPG's, electrical dischargers ....... They wore a special Kevlar combat suit capable of tanking bullets and resisting electric discharges.

It was no exaggeration to say that they were armed to the teeth.

However, Rick doubted whether their “secure arrangements” could be better than the Justice League's.

The escort caravan drove on the empty streets.

“Turning left now, exiting St. Park Avenue and heading into the highway”.

A squad member responsible for handling communications and navigation stated.

“How long before we get to the airport?” Flag asked, a little anxious.

The sooner they got to the drop zone, the sooner they could get out of this van that honestly, at this point, felt much like a containment cell for him.

By that time, he could dump the package at whichever agent was at the airport, ensuring this whole thing had nothing to do with him.

It wasn't the armored tank itself. It had nothing to do with the tank.

“We're four miles out. With no traffic, ETA is precisely three minutes”.

The road had already been cleared of traffic to give them a clear route. That, however, wouldn't last forever.

Five minutes. They had five minutes to arrive at the airport before operations returned to normal.

“Tighten up ladies”. Rick said as he powered up the laser blaster within his grasp.

Everyone else with a weapon in their hands basically did the same. If there were one thing years of experience had taught them to take note of when it came to escort missions, it was that the final few minutes before arriving at their destination was the point at which the storm would break out.

If an enemy was going to attack, then this was the best time to do it.

The driver smoothly made the turn out of St. Park and headed into the open highway that was basically devoid of cars. The other vans coming behind had followed. Less than a minute later, the driver spotted something from afar.

With his eyesight, he could barely make out the features from his current distance.

It looked like........ Some kind of humanoid machine......... Aiming some kind of giant cannon in their direction.

Wait...... What?

“Shit!” The driver exclaimed.

KAN!

Meanwhile, Rick was still speaking….

“We all know what's at stake here.......”

BANG!

Everything went haywire as a sonic pulse wide enough to cover an area of several meters hit the moving forefront convoy head on.

The van made of armored steel, ballistic glass, and synthetic fibers such as Kevlar and aramid visibly deformed the moment it made contact with the sonic attack.