Chapter 69 Another Death

Gotham City ......

Oh! What was that sound? What someone would usually answer was the sound of gunshots, explosions and whatnot.

It was this terrible city's trademark.

But not tonight, though. The loud noises still existed, but tonight..... Oh tonight, the explosive noises were fireworks.

The dark Gotham sky was lit up with dozens of bright, colorful fireworks as the entire gloomy city fell into a frenzied, festive atmosphere.

People were running up and down the streets, shouting, screaming, spinning their shirts around.

People knelt on the floor and cried. Nothing unusual, but this time, these were tears of joy.

Be it gangsters, thugs, goons, regular civilians, all of them jumped up and down and hugged each other without reservation.

In the history of Gotham, this was truly a sight to behold.

If placed in any other city in the United States, the first thought would be that America won the world cup.

But for people in Gotham, that was nowhere near enough to warrant this level of hysteria.

Yellows and reds and blues sparkling through the smog, hope piercing through a veil of heaviness that had plagued the city's good citizens and the bad alike.

He was dead.

That Goddamn clown was no more.

The Joker was dead, and there could be no greater cause for celebration. On the following day, the whole city was immersed in its joyous atmosphere and a certain mutual understanding had been born.

Today, there were no thugs, no goons, no murders, no stealing, no mugging, no gang wars, no cartel trades...... Nothing.

It almost seemed as if all of Gotham's filth had been swept down the gutter and crime had come to a standstill. It was incredible.

Of course this was just temporary, but today....... Just for today..... Even the criminals felt other actions apart from celebration and cheer were unnecessary.

The Joker was so hated that the day the clown died was enough to be declared a respected date on the national calendar.

Honestly, if Luthor wasn't the current president, whoever was would definitely make it official.

The video had gone viral.

#JokerIsDead

One of the most trending hashtags in the United States and many countries worldwide.

This was due to the fact that the Mad clown also took vacations every now and then. And wherever his foot stepped on, he made sure to leave a lasting impression.

So the video of his demise by fire was unprecedentedly popular.

Nothing could be better...... Or so Gotham citizens thought...... But that's not my problem now, is it?

No.

While I admit that I also got a lot of unwarranted exposure from this incident, I couldn't care less.

The eyes on my body had risen by so many levels.

Countless speculations, special reports and blah blah blah blah blah.....

Honestly, I feel like these are all a waste of time. Joker unknowingly tried to kill me, and so, I killed him back. End of story.

The clown got what he deserved, and this matter should be over. Too bad, he didn't seem to think so.