Chapter 64 Batgirl's Love

Looking at his indifferent looking expression on his face, the urge to go up and give it a few punches was never so prevalent.

Barbara wanted to speak, but slight pants escaped from her lips instead of words.

This showed just how far she had to run to get here. How could someone not play by the books?

The classic way this works, a phone rings in a phone booth on the street. You, as the only person around, should pick it up.

It's fine if you ignore the first. But you still ignore several more?

The atmosphere was quite embarrassing. Especially when looking at his amused look that was a dead giveaway of his inner thoughts.

She was underestimated.

Barbara had never felt so scorned before. The only one who could look at her that way was Batman.

The costume's female put her utmost focus into maintaining her composure.

She had to look as strict, imposing, and intimidating as possible.

"You're the recently famous “Otherworlder”.

“And the fact that you're still standing means you're not paralyzed yet”. The reply to her sentence almost caused her mind to explode.

Barbara's mind went blank for a moment.

He couldn't be serious, right? Paralysis? Was he cursing her or making fun of her?

The night was dark and under Amari's gaze, Barbara's face hidden under the cowl grew darker.

The eyes under the cowl narrowed intensely as she clenched her fists with a gloomy expression.

“What are you doing here?” She uttered, her voice laced with suspicion, caution, and a hint of anger.

“Why do you want to know? Last time I checked, coming to Gotham didn't need to pass through a security checkpoint”. Amari replied, tilting his head slightly to the side.

“And last time I checked, I'm not an illegal immigrant”.

“This is my city”. Barbara answered coldly. Clearly not thrilled by his unexpected presence........ or presence in general.

Batman's gruffness was almost imitated halfway, and the broody aura had already begun to take form.

“Shifu [Batman]....... Taught you well”. Amari thought to himself, seeing her trying and failing completely to emulate The Dark Knight.

“No it's not”. Amari shook his head. “It's not yours, neither is it Batman's, nor Bruce Wayne's or the Bat family's. Point being, the reason I'm here, is none of your business”.

Evidently, the redhead wasn't thrilled with his remark.

“Don't say his name”. Batgirl snapped sharply.

“He protects this city. We all do. And now that he isn't here, it's my job. You made it my business when you strolled in here”. Barbara said irritatedly.

“Hehehe”. Amari chuckled. “Sure he does. As I can see, you've done a pretty good job protecting it”.

Amari spread his hands in a signalling gesture indicating the situation of Gotham.

Barbara's face turned red from anger and embarrassment.

“This city is chaotic enough as it is. The last thing it needs is something like you running rampant”.

Ok, at this point, Amari was a bit surprised.

That tone was no longer just vigilance, it was plain hostile.