Chapter 47 The Light Takes Notice

The room was dim with mood lighting.

The light screens shone in the place, giving the room a not so gloomy atmosphere.

Through them, however, some very particular faces could be seen.

Several faces that practically any Justice League member would be able to recognize at first glance. On top of the League's priority Target list.

"This is.... Intriguing. I must admit". The owner of the voice said firmly. His stature was tall, his body build was muscular, and his eyes shone with calmness and serenity.

Dressed in a gentlemanly Englishman blue suit, Vandal Savage in the light screen observed the video that played before him and his cohorts with interest.

".... It is an unexpected development". A female voice inclined.

"Now lays the important question. Could it be of any use to us and our cause, or..."

The voice paused, adding a bit of tension.

".... Will this Deviant pose a stumbling block on our path?"

Lex Luthor, who was present within the room in his actual body and not a light projection, tapped his fingers on the armrest of his chair.

"A proper answer to that question cannot be given for the time being". Lex said with a serious look on his face.

"Hey Hey! Does it matter much? It's not like there haven't been others who stood in our way". The voice of the maniac Witchboy, Klarion entered into their ears.

"For once, I agree with Klarion". Ocean Master added indifferently.

"We continue our operations. It would be best for the alien to keep to himself, as he has usually done. If not, a lesson should be in order".

"Bold talk, Ocean Master". Queen Bee retorted. The light screen showed her sitting on a throne, looking regal and beautiful. She had an imposing aura around her mixed with a hint of charm.

"Last time I remembered, you couldn't even defeat your brother, Aquaman. He was a half-blood, if my memories do not fail me. Has your magic made outstanding improvements recently? Considerable enough to give you the courage to face off against five Leaguers and come out victorious?"

The voice was dripping with naked sarcasm.

Orm's hand gripping the Trident tightened. He bit back on the rude rebuttal that threatened to leave his lips at any moment, forcefully controlling himself from exploding in anger.

His loss to his half-brother, Aquaman, was what he considered his greatest shame.

"During the battle of the Atlantean army against the surface world, I single-handedly took down the Justice League on my own. With the Trident of Atlan, even Superman wasn't my match".

"The league underestimated you. And Superman's weakness to magical energy wasn't even known to himself at the time. Besides, they aimed to incapacitate you, not kill you. While you failed to kill them even after trying your best".

The Brain blandly rebutted the shallow remarks of the Banished Prince. Even without hands, he gave a fatal blow to Ocean Master's fragile ego.

In Brain's view, with Superman's speed and power, crushing the Banished Prince was something that could be done from a mile distance.

If Ocean Master could truly destroy the league on his own, what did he need them for?

Before Orm could fume, Lex jumped into the conversation.

"I'll have to agree with Brain on this one. Since you were so powerful with the Trident Of The Sea, would you be able to get rid of the Justice League once and for all if we successfully retrieve it for you?"