Chapter 55 Flee

“Oh my God!”

"Hey! What's going on?'

"Damn! Something happened over here?”

“It...... Looks like a car accident”.

“That car was hit by a truck”.

“........... Someone call 911”.

“..” Providence wasn't a small city on Rhode Island. The total population, although incomparable to Gotham, Metropolis, Central City and the likes, it still had a population exceeding two hundred thousand residents.

A car crash on the roads of the less busy parts of the city quickly gathered considerable attention.

“Oh no! People”. “The Flash” saw all this and his expression turned unsightly.

The situation was escalating out of his control. At this moment, a crowd of onlookers was the last thing he wanted to see.

“Flash” fixed his gaze on the “new arrival” only to find that the latter's attention wasn't on him.

“....... Fascinating”. The distorted voice carried an eerie tone as Zoom turned his head slowly from one side to another.

“This city........ This ....... world….” The pitch-black eyes from behind the creepy demonic mask stared at the surroundings with apparent interest.

Clean streets, fresh air, clear skies, working vehicles, brightly lit buildings.

Seeing it all, Zoom marveled.

This....... all this surprised him. Not because he hadn't seen this before, but because of how long ago he last saw it.

Years.

This image....... It was not what he was familiar with. All this was in the past era.

The era before “He” changed. Took control of the world. Earth, his earth....... Was nothing like this.

Not anymore

So he was sure that this wasn't his earth. This wasn't the world he came from, and it was due to that reason that the black speedster marveled even more.

Earths!

There were other Earth's. Completely unknown, untouched, unconquered.

The multiverse. It truly existed.

New world's, new possibilities, new speedsters with the speed force….

In those pitch-black eyes, a trace of uncontrolled madness frenzied within. The thirst, hunger and maniacal mind combined to form an unimaginable greed.

The Greed for speed.

“A parallel earth”. Zoom said, slowly enunciating each word. Arcs of blue lightning flashed on his body uncontrollably as his desire increased by the second.

The lightning sparks quickly drew attention.

The crowd that was slowly amassing immediately noticed the two figures standing opposite each other in some kind of confrontation and were surprised.

“Someone's here?”

“Who are these guys?”

“Damn! That guy's got electricity flickering all over him”.

“........ Cool..... Hang on, is this some kind of movie set?”

Some people couldn't quickly understand the situation and asked with slight confusion.

However, among the crowd, there would always be those who were more learned than others.

“Hey, is that The Flash?”