Chapter 26 Red Sun

The cloud of dust settles and Arkin stepped out of the hole with both chains in his arm glowing red. The chains in his grasp shone brightly with a red hue, slowly dyeing his exposed hands in a similar color.

"Yesss..." Arkin let out a low exclamation as his grip on his weapons tightened. Underneath the battle suit, which no one could see, his skin began to change color, from its original ragged stone texture to a darker touch of red.

Cracking and popping sounds echoed from his being as a feeling of exaggerated strength flooded his nervous system. His three-meter tall body began to shrink at a noticeable speed.

Mericrozz watched all this happen indifferently. She turned her attention back to the Kryptonian who was gritting his teeth in pain.

"Strong, but reckless". This was her evaluation of Superman, the Last Son Of Krypton. The records of Krypton's dark days were known to many races in the vast universe.

A race blessed by the cosmos with tremendous power, following a strict social order that had abandoned the natural way of reproduction.

With their knowledge and technology, the artificial creation of kryptonian life was successful, allowing each living being on the planet to know their specific role and purpose on their planet.

Genetic offspring of Warriors would become Warriors, scientists offspring would also follow in a similar pattern.

The same applied to every single one of them. The moment they were brought into existence, their lives had basically been decided on for them.

The combat prowess of all Kryptonians differed due to their genetic code, but regardless of which role they played in their society.

No matter what social hierarchy they belonged to, all Kryptonians would transform into weapons of destruction when exposed to a yellow sun.

Each one capable of destroying interstellar fleets with nothing but their bare hands. A race capable of standing side by side with the new protoss.

The universe was just that unfair.

Unfortunately, their home planet was in a galaxy with a red sun. Krypton in its heyday was glorious. But now, Superman was its last survivor.

And while his power was astounding as it should be, his experience was clearly lacking. She attributed this to living in such an underdeveloped sector.

Among these humans, he was a God. With all his power, he had probably never met an opponent capable of even breaking his defense, and his knowledge of the wonders of the universe was severely lacking.

And now, he was about to meet his match.

"Get over here". Arkin pulled backward with boundless strength. Clark, who was still reeling in from the pain, felt a massive force pull him forward.

His body was dragged towards his adversary, who threw a punch straight at him.

Squelch!

Superman was thrown away as the heavy blow landed on his face. The chains still wrapped around him were pulled out with force due to inertia. Bits and pieces of his flesh were ripped off along with it as he crashed into a building.

"Ahhhh!

"Oh my God!"

"Damn! It's happening".

"Who is that?"

"What the....." Clark heard several voices and felt an agonizing pain on the side of his face.

He let out a pained groan and opened his eyes to see numerous people hiding behind their desks and work stations, looking at his direction.