70- Prepared

HAZEL AND DEREK WERE HAVING ALL THE GUNS ON HIS TABLE AS HAZEL WAS TESTING THEM OUT WHILE DEREK SEEMED TO BE IN HIS THOUGHTS WITH HIS HANDS PRESSED DOWN AGAINST THE TABLE

"I'm still relying on these things." Derek spoke up.

"I get it. You miss your power." Derek looked at her. "I would too."

He looked back down and shook his head. "It's not about power. I don't like feeling helpless."

Hazel backed up from those words. "I may not be human anymore but I was. And did I look helpless?" She said and clicked the gun steady.

"You're a much better shot than me." Derek grinned at her.

When he gazed back down, Hazel's confidence fell as she turned serious at him. "Do you really think you won't be coming back?"

"Not alive." He shrugged making Hazel drop the gun and stepped next to him.

"You know I'm not okay with that." Derek looked up at her and straightened himself as he stepped closer to her and gently touched her jaw as their lips met.

It was long enough to know that he was going to be fine. That everything was going to be fine if this all was going to become an end.

They separated only to lean their foreheads to each other with closed eyes. Derek exhaled. "I am." That made her open her eyes and slowly look up to him which he also did. "If it saves Scott and Kira." He slowly pulled away. "But to be honest, I don't even know if this is enough firepower."

"Not even close."

They both heard a voice as they looked up to see the one and only Peter stepping down the little steps.

"Killing a Berserker is next to impossible. It's not just the firepower, it's breaking the animal spirit from the human." Peter said, slowly stepping towards them.

"Well, the one person that we know with that kind of experience is Argent. And he's not getting back to me." Derek said.

"Well, then we're going to need help. Like Malia, maybe Liam. Definitely me." Peter slightly grinned.

Hazel scoffed and faced Peter with a better view. "Since you're talking about 'help'. I know some of my own ones that might be a good use to enter this game. If not have the strength to kill this Berserker than why not someone that used to be an old friend of yours?"

Peter tilted his head at that. "Are you telling me that there are more Vampires than I think?"

Hazel shrugged at that with a grin. "I'll give you a hint. Hybrid."