Part LXII: Cherry

Blake

Blake was just putting the finishing touches on her makeup as her phone started to buzz. She hesitated, looking down to see who it was, then smiled and answered the call, putting it on speaker before focusing her attention on the mirror once more.

"Hey! Give me just a sec, okay?"

"Sure."

Blakes smiled at the sound of her boyfriend's voice, then took a deep breath and peered at her reflection, keeping her hands steady as she applied the last bit of eyeliner, making a little wing tip at the end. She was tempted to turn it into a snowflake, but she hadn't practiced that enough, and it could very easily go wrong. And, given the fact that the area surrounding her cheeks and eyes was already covered in quite a bit of makeup, she didn't want to have to do all of that again. Not when she only had about half an hour left until her show.

Holiday season was essentially over. For Blake, at least. Now, she was into winter, which meant lots of pretty blues and whites and grays, and occasionally a little bit of violet. That was what Chloe had told her, at least, and so far, her advice seemed to be working. Blakes viewers were loving her outfits and decor, and Blake found she loved it too. Decorating herself and her room at the house had proved both a nice distraction and form of stress relief with everything else she was juggling.

"OK, done!"

"What were you doing?"

"Finishing my makeup. I look like a winter fucking fairy princess. I'll make sure to send you a few pictures later. Not all of them will be naughty, though. Some of them will just be cute."

Liam snorted, " either one of those are completely fine for me."

Blake frowned at that. Not Liam's words, but...

"I miss you. A lot."

"I miss you, too."

Blake's frown deepened. Despite the warmth in his voice, that shade of...something was still there. She didn't like that Liam was keeping things from her, but then, this wasn't exactly lying, and even if it was, she was guilty of doing the same. It made her heart hurt. She wanted to help but didn't know how. She knew that if she let Liam in that he would probably open up, but she couldn't bring herself to open up about everything that was going on with her and her dad.

Why can't I just tell him?

Even with everything she'd worked through with Dr. Cardaso, Blake found her throat closing up, tongue growing stiff when she tried to form the words. That little voice, that fear of rejection, was still there and it held her in a tighter grip than she'd realized.

Taking a deep breath, Blake ran her fingers through her hair, "What's up? I've got a show soon."

She winced as soon as the words left her mouth. They'd come off sharper than she'd meant.

"Is everything alright?"

Blake blinked, feeling a bit weird at the idea of him asking to share, when he wasn't willing to do the same.

Before she could say anything she might have regretted, a sneeze worked its way through her face, and she barely had time 2 turn away from the phone and her makeup kit before sneezing all over the place.

"Okay, now I mean that in two ways."

Blake took another deep breath. She wasn't in the mood to talk about things in general, and that wouldn't exactly put her in the right mood before her show.

"Would you believe me if I said that being away from you for so long has made me physically ill?" she asked, making sure she heard the smirk in her voice.