The End of the Affair

~ ~ ~ Chicago ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

I woke up and found myself sleeping in the car, I must have fallen asleep on our long trip to...

Where the hell am I? When did I fall asleep? Oh yea, that's right.

Klaus wouldn't answer my damn question as to where we were heading, so I fell asleep annoyed and wanting to murder someone.

I look around to figure where we were but I haven't been good with Geography so tough luck on that one. I noticed myself in what seemed like a Mafia's hideout. I look around and saw Klaus and Stefan outside talking.

I hopped out of the car all groggy nearly slipping on the step of the car, rubbing my eyes cos' they are still sleepy. "Ahh, look who's finally decided to wake up." Klaus' voice perked up.

"You slept like a beauty, I was tempted to wake you up with a kiss though it would have earn me a hand mark on the face, but I guess it would have been worth it." He smirked.

I gagged a face. "Ughh. I never thought to feel this sick in my life."

Stefan was standing behind and was laughing inside. "Where the hell are we?" I asked in annoyance, looking around.

"Can't you tell?"

I raise a brow at him. "This is the first time I've been out of Mystic Falls and FYI I don't pay attention in Geography. So you're gonna have to give me some hints. Actually I don't feel like thinking so why don't you just give me the answer all together."

"Well, rest assured you'll be going to a lot of places with me." He said with a smile. "Yea, I figured I would be the night you took me." I rolled my eyes.

"You still didn't answer my question."

"Chicago." Stefan answered.

I look at him shocked. "What the bloody hell are we doing in Chicago?!" I exclaimed.

"My hybrids failed-"

"Yea, no kidding." I cut him off.

"So I'm looking for some answers. We're going to see my favourite witch." He said and walked past me.

I looked at Stefan confused before looking back to him. He opened the car door for me. "If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." He said.

Third Person's POV

With the feisty Gilbert twin preoccupied in Chicago, the older and 'dull' twin was waiting at home for the news of her sister's and Stefan's whereabouts.

As Elena was sleeping in her room, she turned over to the other side and landed on a sturdy body.

"Rise and shine, sleepy head."

Elena, being half asleep, looked up to see Damon's face really close, with his hands behind his hand. Their face are not far apart to lay on each other's lips.

"Aah!"

Elena removed herself from his chest covering herself with the blanket. He grinned at her reaction. "What are you doing?! Get out!"

"You know you were dreaming about me." He peers down to his shirt. "Explains the drool." He smirked.

Having none of his sarcasm, she hit him on the chest groaning and placing her hand to her hand. "Ugh. Oh, my God."

She looked at her alarm clock. "6.00 am, seriously? Do you really have nothing better to do at 6.00 am?"

"Fine, don't come with me to bring Stefan and Laura home. See ya." He said so casually and got up from the bed.