Before Sunset

Hey guys!

Sorry for the long wait but I am finally back with another chapter. Guess what guys! We're are just one chapter away from the end of season three and Laura has to make her decision soon.

Who do you guys think she'll choose? Who do you want her to choose?

This is so thrilling, I'm so excited for the next chapter. I'm pretty sure I have everything mapped out and I will try to keep this as interesting as I can. This story is coming close to an end but not too soon.

I hope you guys are enjoying this and keep supporting me.

Please enjoy and leave a comment after.

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

After I cleared out Alaric's closet Stefan drove me home and walked me up to the front porch when we stopped at the door. I was wearing Stefan's jacket because I was feeling cold and he gave it to me, it was warm.

I turned to him. "Thanks for taking me home." I said.

Stefan looked concerned for me. "You sure you're going to be okay?" He asked. "I'll be fine. I have Elena and Jeremy with me." I assured him.

"I can stay if you want." He offered but I shake my head. "I think we just want to be alone tonight." I said quietly. We just lost Ric, our last guardian, and we just want to be alone to without thinking about the whole world around us.

"I understand." He said.

I took off his jacket and hand it back to him "Thank you." Stefan smiled and gave me the bag with the weapons in them.

"Goodnight Stefan." I told him and he gave a little nod. "Goodnight."

I watched him go before I entered the house and closed the door behind me. I noticed Elena and Jeremy were in the living room staring into the fireplace in silence. They still haven't changed out of their clothes and had tear trails on their faces.

"You guys still up?" I asked walking into the room.

"How can we when our legal guardian is dying in a tomb as we speak?" Jeremy doesn't even looking at me as he speaks.

Elena was curled up in her shawl and was holding tightly onto her warm drink, Jeremy just sat there lifelessly staring into space. I set the bag down behind the couch and went over to sit with them on the couch. "I don't think sleep is our option tonight." I said.

"Why does everyone keep dying on us?" Jeremy asked after a moment of silence and I look at him sadly. "If only the world we live is normal then none of this would happen." Elena said softly. 

It was painful to see them like this, my heart was aching to see them so broken. We've lost so many people in our lives; we've lost our parents, Jenna, John and now Alaric.

We have no one now.

We're all alone and we hate it. But we still have each other. We can only rely on each other from now.

Elena had been crying this whole time when she finally pulled herself together. "You should go to bed, Laura. It's not good for you to stay up late." She said.

I raise my brow at her. "And leave you guys to stay up yourselves? Not a chance." I said. "We figured you want to be alone like you always do." Jeremy said.

It's true.

Ever since I could remember, whenever I was feeling down about something I would hide myself from everyone to cry alone because I didn't want anyone to see the weak of me. But now I realise it's okay to cry in front your loved ones and it's okay to show your weak side.