Growing Pains

Hey guys,

I'm finally back from this long hiatus, I'm terribly sorry for leaving you guys hanging on this book for months. I just had to finish uploading the rest of the first book because people were confused why there was a second book but no first book.

So I've completely uploaded all chapters to the first book and come back to finish this story. Oh if some of you are re-reading the first book you may notice it's a little different (mostly towards the end).

As I have explained before I'm going to be writing a little bit into Season 4 but not entirely because I want to finish this story soon. I have created a picture in my mind how I want to end this.

So hang in there guys. 

Now that I'm on a break from work I can start to focus on this book and my other book so keep a lookout. 

Please enjoy and leave a comment after.

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

I was in Elena's room waiting for her to wake up but it's been hours and she still hasn't woken up yet. We've managed to get her out of the hospital after Damon pulled some strings and compelled some people to believe she was never dead.

I was sitting on the edge of her bed, Stefan was standing behind me and Damon was sitting by the window. He's been sitting there quietly this whole time just staring at us with a sharp glare.

I avoided looking at him in the eye, it wasn't because I was ashamed of anything. I just didn't want to deal with him for the moment after we figure out what to do with Elena.

I was really worried about Elena because Meredith told us the truth. When Elena was admitted to hospital yesterday it was more serious than she told us. So Meredith gave her Damon's blood to heal.

I held onto Elena's hand slightly shaking in fear, Stefan had his hands on my shoulders gently squeezing me to calm down.

It wasn't long before Elena finally woke up with a loud gasp, she quickly sat up on her bed freaking out. "Elena. Elena!" I tried to calm her down and got her to look at me.

"Laura? Where am I?" She asked looking around her room. "You're at home. You've been in and out for hours." I told her.

"Wh-what happened?" Elena asked looking confused. I guess she doesn't remember. I looked at Stefan hoping he could help me explain to her the situation.

"You were in an accident." Stefan told her.

Elena finally remembered what happened to her last night and panicked again. "Oh my God. Matt is he...?" She asked.

"Alive?" Damon interrupted getting us to look at him. "Ask Stefan. The hero." He said with great sarcasm. "He's fine." Stefan answered.

Elena let out a relief. "Thank you. I thought that I – how did you...?" She stuttered wanting to know how Stefan saved her.

"Save you? He didn't." Damon interrupted her again.

Elena looked at us confused and that's when we really had to explain to her what happened. "Elena, do you remember when we brought you to the hospital?" I asked and she nod her head.

"Your injuries were worse than we thought." I told her honestly and she looked at me with a deep frown. "Meredith... used Damon's blood to heal you. And..." I had trouble telling her because I knew what it meant.