American Gothic (Part 2)

Third Person's POV

Stefan arrived at the gazebo hoping to catch Elena and Elijah together but neither were at the appointed spot. He took out Katherine's phone and tapped on Elijah's number. The phone rang a short second before Elijah picked it up immediately.

"Katerina?" Elijah answered worriedly. He was hiding in an alleyway with Elena after he quickly discovered her deception. He took her and moved to an unpopulated location to avoid detection.

"Hello, Elijah." Stefan answered calmly.

Elijah was stunned for a second before his voice changed to a serious tone. "Where is Katherine?" He sounded less than thrilled to meet his old enemy. "Where's Elena?" Stefan answered his question with a question.

"Safe. How long she remains so depends upon you." Elijah threatened her safety. "Well, I guess the same goes for Katherine." Stefan responded the same way.

Elijah, however, wasn't too concerned for Katherine's safety. He was confident in her capabilities to handle herself in any situation. "Oh, Katherine can take care of herself against the two of you."

"Oh you mean the three of us." Stefan said otherwise and Elijah tilt his head. "Your little sister decided to join Team Good Guys for the time being."

Surprised by this new revelation, Elijah tried to remain calm as he switched hands with his phone. "Put her on the phone." He demanded. "Well, she's not here right now. I left her with Damon and Katherine." Stefan told him as he walked across the park.

"Tell me where they are." Elijah became concerned for Katherine's safety knowing the bad blood between her and his sister. "Relax. No one's gonna get hurt as long as Katherine hands over the cure." Stefan said.

"Do you understand how much my sister despises Katherine?" Elijah questioned rhetorically like he had to ask. "I assure you, Rebekah will end her the moment she ceases to be of use." He said in fear as he switched his phone to his other hand again.

"Well, just tell me where you are, and we can talk this through." Stefan tried to negotiate, however, Elijah was done talking to him. "You listen to me very carefully, Stefan. If anything whatsoever happens to Katherine, I will descend upon Elena." He threatened and hung up.

Stefan was stunned after his conversation with Elijah. He knew Elijah was a man of his word. He would most definitely kill Elena if he let Rebekah kill Katherine once they retrieve the cure. He had to find Damon and Rebekah before anything happens.

Elena's POV

Urgh. Never thought I'd kiss Elijah in this lifetime. I wasn't expecting that but I have to say, not a bad kisser.

Who knew the secret 'EM' Katherine was supposed to meet up with was Elijah. And who knew they were dating. I mean seriously? Elijah, you could have done better.

I almost had him fooled with the leather jacket and flashy jewellery Katherine fashioned. The heels were a perfect match for my red dress too. I think I'll keep them. But I blew my cover because of my stupid daylight right.

Elijah took me to a secluded area of the town and forced me to tell him where Katherine was but I wasn't afraid of him because he knew he wouldn't hurt me. So I boldly stared at him defiantly and said nothing.

His phone buzzed in his suit pocket and he picked it up thinking it was Katherine but to his surprise, it was actually Stefan. I wasn't surprised to hear to his voice on the other line because knew it was a matter of time for the boys to catch up to us.

I was actually hoping to steal the cure from Katherine and let Rebekah take so I wouldn't have to before the boys got here. I know Damon and Stefan were planning to give the cure to me.