The Five

Laura's POV

Stefan and I were resting in his bed all snuggled up together, I laid my head on his chest watching the movement of his breathing. His hand was holding mine and his other hand softly caressing my shoulder.

"Hmm, we should be getting ready for school." I said even though I was lazy to even move. "Who needs school when we have each other." Stefan grabbed my face and kissed me.

I didn't protest against his intimacy but we really needed to get to school. I've skipped so many days already, it might be okay for Stefan but not for me. "No, we really need to get ready." I said pulling away from his tender lips.

"Who can care about school right now?" He said with a pout when I moved away. "Maybe you don't care because you've graduated-- like what a hundred times already." I stared and he scoffed.

I propped myself up so I was leaning on the headboard. "This is my senior year before I go off to college but... " I gestured to the tiny human being growing in my stomach. "Have you thought about what you want to do?" Stefan asked.

"Well, I was thinking of becoming a teacher, like Ric." I said reminiscing the times Ric taught us, granted I was more or less paying attention and he would fake my grades for me. "We need people who know their stuff."

Stefan genuinely smiled at my dreams. "That's good, maybe I can help you on that." I smile at his gesture. "Thanks but I don't think I can go straight to college after I have this baby." I said having thought about the timing.

When this baby is born I have to be a mom 24 hours a day, there's no way I could take care my baby and go to college at the same time. Stefan looked at me understanding what I was thinking and didn't comment on it. "Well, we can figure it out when the time comes but for now let's just enjoy every moment of this." He sat up and touched my face.

I smiled at him one more time before we locked our lips again until I pushed him away. "Hmm, I really have to get ready." I quickly hopped out of bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

Stefan's POV

Laura was getting ready for school and since I didn't need to take that long I was already on my way down to the library when I noticed the placed was covered in hunter weapons. I picked up a stake and noticed there are some etchings I didn't recognise.

Minutes later Damon entered the room carrying a large box. "So what is all this?" I asked. "Some personal items that I snaked from the vampire hunter's RV. May he rest in peace." Damon kissed the back of his hand and gestured it to the sky.

"I'm searching for a supernatural handbook." Damon said going through the box he carried in. "And you know for a fact that he was supernatural?" I asked.

"Definitely wasn't natural. The guy magically appeared just as someone blows up the entire Founders Council. He's covered in a tattoo that only Jeremy Gilbert - of all people in the world - seems to be able to see." Damon explained with exasperation as he unpacked the box.

"Klaus mentioned something about him being one of The Five. Then he kamikazes himself with explosives. Sound natural to you?" Damon looked at me.

My ears perked up at the mention of The Five. "What's The Five?" I asked, having never heard the name before. "That's what I'm hoping is in the first chapter of the handbook." Damon replied when his cell phone rang.

"Liz Forbes, my favorite sheriff." He answered then his face looked worried. "What? That's... concerning." I looked at him curiously. "Keep me posted." He hung up and looked at me for a moment but doesn't say anything.

"What? You're not gonna tell me?" I stared at him who was being all secretive. "Can't tell you. Private. We're in a fight." He said being childish.