Homecoming

Third Person's POV

From all the way in the woods of Portland, being preoccupied on building his army of loyal hybrids, Klaus received a phone call from Stefan in Mystic Falls.

"Portland is fantastic." He boasted.

"Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves." He shared.

Not interested, Stefan got right to the point. "Your father is dead."

This caught Klaus by surprise and his smile disappeared. "What did you say to me?"

Stefan replied in a nonchalant manner. "Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead." He stared at the desiccated body of Mikael with a dagger stabbed to his heart at his feet.

"Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

~ ~ ~ One hour earlier, Salvatore Boarding House ~ ~ ~

"So what's the plan, boys?" Laura asked with disdain.

Why am I even here? She thought.

Stefan proceeded to explain the situation to trick Klaus. "Alright, let's say that Mikael followed Elena and Laura in here. He tried to grab them, so he could use them as bait."

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena questioned.

"No, we vervained him!" Damon corrected her. "This guy is an Original. Let's make it realistic."

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger." Stefan continued.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Elena joined in.

"We drove it through his heart." Laura finished.

"Great plan, but what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body? The guy's paranoid, he's not an idiot." She said bitterly.

"Good point!" Damon realised.

"You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan brushed.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof." Elena said.

"Then I shall be dead." Mikael appeared with a bottle of the white oak ash and a dagger.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Laura asked.

"Well that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body." He answered. He turned to Stefan. "You lure him here, and I will kill him."

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him." Laura looked at him skeptically

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." Mikael shared with them.

"Where is it?" Damon snapped his eyes wide with intrigue.

"Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy." Mikael dipped the dagger into the ashes.

"Against what?" Stefan asked.

"You leaving this in my heart." He answered.

"You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So...it falls to either one of you two." He handed the dagger to the twins.