The Heart of Darkness

Hey guys,

I would just like to say Merry Christmas to you all and I hope you're all excited to spend this special occasion with family and friends. I probably won't be able to update another chapter before the end of the year so on this note too... Happy New Year!

I've brought to you another chapter and I hope you enjoy it because I certainly did. I have to let you all know that I'm only writing until the end of season 3 and that's it. I won't be writing season 4 because this is as far as my plot goes. And mostly because I feel like people are losing interest.

There's only a few chapters left so comment below who you think Laura will end up with.

Please enjoy and leave a comment after.

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

Elena and I walked down to the basement of the Boarding House to give Alaric his clothes, he's staying here until his alter ego tells us where he hid the last stake. Because Klaus made it clear that he'll murder the lot of us if we don't give him all the stakes we're very desperate.

We came to the cellar and saw Alaric sitting on his bed in the dark looking bored out of his mind. "Alaric?" Elena called out just to make sure that it was him.

"Yep. Still me." He answered and we opened the door.

"You know, you shouldn't be in here. It defeats the point of the whole being locked in a cellar thing. And you definitely shouldn't be in here consider you're his most wanted." He said pointing at me.

I casually drop the bag in front of him. "I'm pretty sure I can defend myself against, after all you were the one to taught me self defence." I told him.

He smiled proudly. "We brought you toothbrush, clothes, some boring books to help you sleep." She said. Ric picked up one of the books and read the title. "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?"

I frown at him. "What? No, I grabbed....Damon. Thinks he's hilarious." I muttered and dropped the book.

"At least one of us still has a sense of humor." Ric commented, I just shake my head and rolled my eyes at him.

"So how have you been lately, you're not sick or anything?" He asked concerned for me. I hate to lie to him about this but I still can't let anyone know about me being pregnant.

I shake my head. "No, I'm fine and healthy just... tired of all of this." I sighed. "All this, as in Damon?" He asked. "Damon and everything else." I said.

"Hmm". He nodded agreeing with me.

"Hey, are you sure that you want to stay here? I mean you don't have to be kept in here." Elena said worried.

"Ah, no, this is...this is the right place for me to be. At least until you guys can convince my highly uncooperative alter ego to fess up to where I or he hid the white oak stake." He said worried himself about the matter.

"Well we looked everywhere. You....the other you, hid it well. I was never good at treasure hunting anyway." I said boredly.

"What's Klaus gonna do if you can't find it?" He asked. "It's the only thing that will kill him, so wage war, murder people, you know Klaus stuff." Elena said pulling out a chair to sit down.

"Hey Ric, um, Elena's going to be helping out at the decade committee so Stefan's gonna watch over you for a while. And now that Klaus knows where Jeremy is, it's not safe for him in Denver so... Damon and I are gonna go to pick him up." I told him with hesitation.