We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes

Laura's POV

I was in a deep sleep when I heard someone shouting downstairs and it woke me up. I got out of bed and went out to the hallway where Jeremy also got woken up.

"What's going on?" I asked. "I don't know. It's Elena." He said and head down the stairs first and I went down after him.

We heard down towards the kitchen where we found Elena. "Elena, what's going on? It's too early for this." I said tiredly rubbing my eyes.

But then she suddenly grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed Jeremy in the neck. "Jeremy!" I screamed staring at my sister with horrid.

Jeremy fell to the ground with blood leaking from his neck, I tried to get to him but Elena dangerously turned the knife towards me shaking her head as if she was afraid of me. "Stay away from me!" She screamed.

I had no idea what was going on with Elena but the situation was putting me on a dangerous end. "Elena, it's me. Laura." I said carefully keeping my distance from her.

Elena started shaking her head. "No, no. You're dead. You're supposed to be dead. I killed you!" She yelled.

I didn't understand what she was saying but she seemed delusional. "What are you talking about? Elena look at me!" I screamed at her and she finally snapped out of her crazy episode.

Elena then realised Jeremy was on the floor at her feet. "Oh my god!" She dropped the knife and went down to him. "Jer! Jer! Jer! Jer! No, no, no, no, no, no."

I went down to her and tried to calm her down. "Elena, he's going to be fine. Look, he's got his ring." I told her and she let out a relief.

~ ~ ~ Morning ~ ~ ~

Stefan and Damon came over as soon as I told them what happened and now we were all waiting for Jeremy to wake up. We were lucky he was still wearing his ring. I told him to take it off after what happened to Ric but Jeremy said as long as we're still hanging around vampires he'll continue to wear his ring.

I was sitting on the edge of the couch holding onto my brother's hand waiting to be there for him when he wakes. Stefan was sitting on the coffee table behind me while Damon's been trying to calm Elena down.

Elena was pacing back and forth in the living room panicking and self-blaming herself after she accidentally killed our brother. "I can't believe this happened. What am I going to say to him?" She turned to Damon.

"Thanks for not ditching the family ring after it drove Ric crazy?" He responded sarcastically, earning a glare from Elena and I.

"Can we be serious for a minute?" I said then looked at Elena. "Elena, what happened to you? You suddenly flipped out and you were delusional." I said.

Elena looked distressed and couldn't explain her behaviour in words. "I-- I don't know. I just--" Stefan went up to her and touched her shoulder with concern. "Are you okay?" He asked but she slapped his hand away.

"I'm fine!" She snapped at him hatefully. "I just-- I need to go upstairs and shower. Clean all the blood off my hands." She showed us her red stained hands then left the room.

Stefan seemed hurt by her cold attitude towards him, I gave him a sympathetic look. "Just give her some space." I said.

Seconds later, Jeremy finally came back to life with a loud gasp and jerked himself up. "Jeremy." I looked at him relieved.

"Welcome back. How are you feeling?" Stefan asked. Jeremy was confused and couldn't remember what happened to him. "What happened?"

"Long story. Buy the e-book." Damon said.