The Rager

Hey Guys,

It's been a long time and I apologise if this chapter is too short for you. You guys must be tired of my late updates or hate the fact that you don't hear from me for months. I understand even I get frustrated sometimes too. 

I will try my best to work on this harder and update sooner than later. There is no way I'm going to leave any of my books unfinished because it won't be fair for any of my readers who enjoyed this. I can promise you that.

Please enjoy 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Damon's POV

It's been a long time since I felt this dejected about my life and nothing can cure me of this feeling but a good killing. I was on my way out when Stefan down the stairs. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"That hunter jacked Tyler Lockwood of his werewolf venom last night." I told him what Tyler told me last night. "So basically, he's got vampire poison in a bottle. And I'm gonna find him, and I'm gonna eat him."

"I'll go with you." My brother came up to be ready to be my sidekick.

"I don't want your help." I flatly rejected him. "I just want to kill this guy and get the hell out of town. Wasn't that the deal? Whoever Laura doesn't choose leaves?" I stared at him to remind him.

Stefan had no words to say because that was what we both agreed on but he was looking for a reason for me to stay. "Come on, Damon. It's not necessary for you to leave just yet. Wouldn't you want to wait until Laura gives birth before you go?" He suggested.

"Not unless she was giving birth to my child but last I checked it's not possible for me to have children. So no." I said.

Stefan sighed at my stubbornness. "Why don't you stop being dramatic?" He said. "No, brother, dramatic would be leaving before I kill this hunter." I said and walked out the door.

The biggest torture anyone can do to me is making me watch my brother lead a happy life with the girl I love.

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

I came out from the parking lot and stopped at a distance to the school just staring at it. It's been days since I came back to attend my classes. Elena and I didn't know if we could handle that fact that we weren't going to see Ric in class anymore so we didn't bother to show up.

But we knew we couldn't keep avoiding it forever so today was our first day back. I took a deep breath heading straight to the building. I went down the hallway towards my locker to get my books out for my first class.

Once I got my books out I head straight my first class which was history. A history lesson where Ric's not teaching anymore. I went there with heavy steps until someone came up to me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I turned to the side and found Stefan walking alongside with me. "I'm... fine. I guess. I'm more worried about Elena." I said with concern. Since Ric died through Elena's death, she's probably blaming herself on some level.

"Yeah, I'm sure today's going to be difficult for her but we'll be there to help get her through the day." Stefan said and I gave him a light smile.

We arrived at our class and we found Elena sitting at her desk looking a bit edgy. She probably feels weird about being here today. Stefan and I stared at each other before we came up to her.

But she didn't seem to notice us, she was staring straight ahead at the chalkboard where I noticed they were filled with Ric's handwritten notes before the dance. She must be missing him a lot right now.