She's Come Undone

Hey guys, 

I'm terrible sorry for the long delay releasing a chapter for this book. I had to focus on my studies and it's become a little difficult after my uni decided to switch to online learning.

Before you get to reading, I hope everyone is coping well during this pandemic of Covid-19. No matter where your internationally, please have hope that things will get better in time. For now, please keep the practice of social distancing in mind no matter where you are and  stay home if possible. Only leave for the essentials.

For those of you experiencing the racism of this virus, please don't let it get it you. Those people who spread hate to Asian descendants are just looking for a reason to take out their anger and frustration. This doesn't go out to just Asian descendants but to everyone. 

This is a difficult time for all of us. Please spread kindness everywhere. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. 

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Klaus' POV

It's happened. My worst nightmare is happening.

I was pacing restlessly outside the emergency room holding my hand to my mouth with Rebekah trying to calm me by my side. "Everything is going to be alright, Nik." I snapped a sharp and critical look at her. "I will see for myself whether she's alright or not."

Caroline blocked my path when I tried to push through the double doors of the emergency room. "Hey, you can't go back there. You'll only get in the way. Let the doctors do their job to save her and your baby." She was emitting an authoritative air telling me I have no chance of getting past her.

Resigning to stay behind the closed doors, I turned away in a huff and I ended up looking at Stefan's sad stupid face. He's been sitting there quietly for the past two hours wringing his hands together until they were shaking.

Anger flared in an instant inside of me and I marched over to him. I grabbed him by the collar and forced him to the wall. "You. This is all your fault!" I growled.

"Nik!" Rebekah yelled.

"Klaus, stop it! It's not his fault." Caroline tried to pull me away from him but I held a firm grip on him. Stefan couldn't even look me in the eyes and stared at my feet. "I should have known better than to trust her in your care."

"Nik. Let go of him!" Rebekah was the only one who managed to rip me away from him. Stefan slid down the wall and crouched on the floor with his head in his knees. "Blaming him isn't going to make the situation any better." She reprimanded.

"She's right. It's Katherine's fault." Caroline pointed out. Still angry, I turned my back to them and slammed my fist against the wall.

I knew I shouldn't have left her alone.

Why did this have to happen while I was away?

~ ~ ~ 14 hours ago ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

"Stefan, I'm not sure about this." I spoke with my phone pressed to my ear multitasking in a conversation with my boyfriend and eating my breakfast at the same time. "You have nothing to worry about. I promise you everything's going to be fine." Stefan reassured me.

"Telling me not to worry is not helping. You should know that by now. Especially when you guys have my sister locked in your cell." I said critically, taking a spoonful from the bowl sitting on top of my belly.