Biting Back

Hey guys!

Sorry for another long wait, I wanted to fit this part in somewhere because it's important for what I will have install later on. And because it's only interesting to spice things up.

Won't make sense now... but it will.

Please enjoy and leave a comment after.

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

It's because I love you.

Even though you deny it, I know you're still in love with Damon. I did it to make you happy.

These words kept replaying in my head, I didn't know how else I should react to his confession. I've known about Stefan's feeling for me but I couldn't respond to them because all this time, I thought Damon was the only one for me...so I didn't look at anyone else. Before this I've never looked at him any more than just a best friend.

But now everything's changed now.

Images of Damon kissing me last night came rushing back, I clenched my fist and shut my eyes tight to block out of the images but they were fighting to stay.

I brought my fingertips to my lips, I could still feel the tingling feeling of his soft lips on mine. I clutched on tightly at my arms.

Maybe Stefan's right.

Maybe I'm still in love with him, but I can't allow myself to admit it.

I'm tired of getting hurt again. I'm tired of getting hurt by the same person over and over again. The person I've loved whole heartedly and who I thought loved me whole heartedly.

I hopped into the shower to refresh myself from last night's event and let the cold water hit my skin as I let all the memory flow out of my mind.

I hopped out, wrapping myself in a towel and went over to the mirror to wipe away the fog to see my face.

I look lifeless. Of course I would be.

A lot has happened in the last few weeks, I breathed in deeply before letting everything out.

I went back to my room to pick out clothes from my closet when I saw Damon sitting blankly on my bed.

His sudden presence did scare me but I didn't jump. I knew he would come here after what happened last night.

"What are you doing here?" I clutched tightly onto my towel.

"Just... trying to figure you out." He looked at me.

"Figured it out yet?"

He got up from my bed and walked up to me with an angry glare. "No. But I can only sum up the reason: you did that to get back at us."

I scoffed.

"You knew how much we wanted to kill Klaus so you and Stefan did everything you could to stop us from achieving it." He looked at me with murderous eyes.

"I had him, Laura! And you... and Stefan screwed it up!" He yelled.

I stared at him nonchalantly. "Sorry I ruined your plan to be with Elena." He flinched. "I wanted to see your face when I ripped that away."

He swiftly slapped his hand across my face, giving it a hard sting. I snapped to the side by surprise as I brought my hand to my burning cheek.

I was speechless, and I could feel myself tearing up.