The Ties That Bind

Hey guys!

Sorry for not updating in awhile, I tried to get pass this chapter but I just couldn't. This episode just wasn't my favourite, so I was procrastinating.

So for this chapter I had to skip through many of the events that happened in this chapter and focus on character's feelings for whom and whom.

So it's kinda short.

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

I snap my head over to the loud vibration my phone was making against the table. I sighed in annoyance. How many times was that?

I looked at the screen to see 37 miss calls from Damon and 22 miss calls from Stefan since that night. I scoffed and shook my head at the sight of Stefan's name.

He still has the guts to call me after that night?!

I threw my phone on the bed and I crouched my knees to my chest and bury my face in them.

It's been over a week since the night Stefan tried to drive me off of Wickery Bridge, and it's been since then that I've been dodging everyone's phone calls just so I could have some peace and quiet for once.

"I see you're up."

I snap my head up to Klaus with a huge grin, leaning against the doorframe.

"I could barely sleep for the past few days." I told him.

"Hmm. Neither could I, considering Stefan isn't making my life any easier by forcing me to send my hybrids away. You know I never saw it coming for him to use you and your sister's life to get me to do what he wants." He said bitterly.

I rolled my eyes. "Right, because if both doppelgangers die, you lose your chance to make any more hybrids. Forever. Because neither of us have children to continue the bloodline."

"It's true that my hybrids are important to me but that's not the reason I want to keep you alive." He told me.

"Then what is your reason?" I asked

"Merely because I felt like doing something good for once." He smiled calmly, making me scoff.

"Why do I find that so hard to believe?"

"Then would you believe me if I said I did it because I actually care about you?" He said surprisingly gentle.

I open my mouth to say something but in the end I look away, feeling uncomfortable with his continuous flirts.

"Don't you have four coffins to retrieve?" I ignored his gaze.

"Yes, but it seems like Stefan wants to play more games." He said getting up.

"He's refusing to fulfil his end of the bargain to return my family, so now I'm going to have a little chat with him."

He gave me a grin. "Don't worry, love. I'll be sure to spare him long enough until I get them all back."

I could care less about Stefan, after what he did that night I don't care what he does anymore.

"Though it would help all of us if you'd just tell me where Stefan is hiding my coffins." He came back with his face right up.

"Now why would I tell you?"

"Same answer as always; I will kill those that you love most unless you choose to cooperate." He said vainly.