We'll Always have Girl's Night

Laura's POV

I couldn't get much sleep last night, not after what I learned yesterday about Jeremy. Just when I thought our lives couldn't get any more complicated or chaotic, this happens. By the time I woke up I was already late for school so I was rushing to get ready.

I hurried down the stairs to the foyer when a loud car honked from outside telling me my ride was already here. I checked the time on my wristwatch and realised I won't have time to make my own lunch.

"Crap, what kind of morning is this!" I huffed as I came into the kitchen hoping to grab something before I go. However, I found Matt in the kitchen making coffee. "Late morning, huh?" He asked as he poured himself a mug.

"I couldn't sleep." I said shoved my foot into my shoe. "You?" I asked him in return. "That's why I'm having coffee." He said as he turned around.

I put my other shoe on and went over to the fridge hoping to find any leftovers from dinner last night. "Hey, I've made lunch for you." Matt said sliding my lunch bag across the counter.

I let out a relief and smiled at him. "Oh thanks, Matt. You're a lifesaver." I opened the bag to see a turkey sandwich inside. "Hmm, smells good."

Before leaving, I stopped to make sure I had everything with me. "Let's see, I got my books, my lunch, my baby... what else?" I muttered to myself. "Jacket?" Matt said gesturing to my jacket hanging over the chair.

"Right." I quickly grabbed it and turned to him. "You sure you'll be alright staying with Jeremy?" I asked looking a bit worried.

"Yeah, I got it covered. I'll make sure he's him." He said and I gave a smile. "Thanks. I'll see you later." I hurried to the front door and paced to the car waiting for me on the street.

I hopped in the front door of the passenger seat and turned to the driver. "Sorry, I'm having a late morning." I said as I strapped on my seat belt. "You don't say." Bonnie laughed.

"Yeah, let's just say yesterday didn't end on a good note." I said letting out a huge sigh. "Should we go?" I noticed we weren't moving.

Bonnie started to drive out from the curb and we were on our way to school. "So how's Jeremy?" She sounded concerned about him. "He's okay, for now. Matt's watching him." I told her.

"He's not coming to school?" She asked. I shook my head. "It's best if he doesn't. He'll be in a place where half of our vampire friends are. That place is a den for him." I said.

Bonnie nodded. "Right. So why isn't Stefan taking you to school?" She asked with her eyes on the road.

My face dawns at the mention of his name. "He's... I told him to take a break from finding the cure. I know how much he wants this and so do I. But my brother comes first, my only concern right now is to fix my brother." I said looking out the window with a sad look.

Bonnie was sympathetic. "Well, I'm sure things will work out fine. Maybe give it some time." She said but I couldn't let go of my worries.

"I don't know, Connor was in over his head about killing vampires. He didn't care whether they were good or bad, it was in his hunter's instinct to get rid of them. Jeremy's going through the same thing. He doesn't care that Elena's his sister, he just knows he wants to kill her. I mean how messed up is that."

I brushed back my hair in a mix of frustration and anxiety. "It's not messed up, you guys were just caught up in this. Don't worry so much about it." Bonnie said trying to ease my worries.

"How can't I? My brother and sister can't be under the same roof without one trying to kill the other." I wailed.

"O-okay, how 'bout I take Jeremy to the lake house this weekend and ask Shane to help him." Bonnie suggested. "You're still hanging around that creepy professor guy?" I frowned and looked at her.