Turning Over a New Leaf

Laura's POV

I woke up to the faint sound of birds chirping outside my bedroom window. I opened my eyes and adjusted them to the light. "Hey, you're up." A sweet voice I know all too well entered my room and I groggily sat up on the bed.

Stefan entered my room with a sweet smile on his face as he carried a breakfast tray to me. "Aww, you made me breakfast in bed. That's so sweet of you." I looked at him touched by his affections.

He came over and set the tray over my lap for me to admire his dish. "Seeing how you've been stressing out a lot lately over this pregnancy, I figured I should do something to help relax you a bit."

I looked at him impressed and couldn't suppress my wide grin. "You certainly do know how to be romantic." Stefan pulled a smile.

I suddenly feel like being spoilt and refrain from picking up the spoon. "Feed me?" I stared at him sweetly and he smiled even brighter.

"Sure. Here, open up." He picked up the spoon and scooped a mouthful for me. I opened my mouth for him to spoon feed me and I moaned at how delicious it was. "Hmm. This is so good."

I was happily enjoying the breakfast he made for me when I suddenly remembered something. "Oh, I just remembered. Caroline got me these spa treatment coupons and they're expiring soon, you wanna come with me?" I suggested with a bright and excited look.

Stefan looked at though he doesn't object to the idea. "Sure. It could be our spa getaway." He agreed and I smiled even brighter as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Hmm. You're the best." I leaned in and kissed his lips. We stayed in bed for a while until I finished my breakfast.

Later on, we came down to the living room where Stefan spent the morning pampering me by giving me a gentle foot massage in the living room. I laid down on the couch with Stefan sitting on the end where my feet was over his lap and he gave my foot some pampering.

"Do you think it's terrible of me to miss the service for Tyler's mom today?" I asked him what's been bothering me all morning. "I'm sure he won't mind. He probably won't notice you're not there." Stefan said.

I gave him a look to be serious about this. "But I'm his friend, I feel like I should be there to support him. We can just cancel the appointment and do it another time." I suggested.

"But you've booked this for weeks and you were really looking forward to this day." He said. "I know but... Right now he need us as his friends."

Stefan stopped massaging my feet and placed his hand over mine. "Honey, I think he'll understand. Beside, Caroline already insist that we should go. She also wants to know what the baby is."

I scoffed a little and shook my head at her. "Of course, she wants to know. Is there anything she doesn't want to know?"

Today's the day I finally get to know the gender of my baby and people can stop calling my baby 'it' all the time. "You really don't think he'll mind?" I asked once more and he nodded.

I smiled as I breathed a sigh. "Alright."

Just then, there was a knock at the front door and Stefan offered to go answer it for me. He opened the door and his voice sounded annoyed. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Now is that how you greet your guest?" I sat up abruptly and looked over the couch to find Klaus standing on my front porch. He looked at me with a wide grin. "Hello, love."

"You have got to be kidding me." I responded unpleasantly. "Lovely to see how pleasant greetings have gone out the door." Klaus looked slightly displeased by our reaction.