Memorial

Stefan's POV

It's been a week since the beginning of a new change; Elena's a vampire now and Laura's asked me to help her sister adjust to her new life. I was more than willing to help her but the problem was... things are just awkward between us now that Laura and I are together.

I didn't think it was going to work out at first but I figured it was better if I helped her as opposed to Damon, who's probably just gonna tell her to feed on people. And since we all know how compassionate Elena is towards human life, if she kills an innocent person she's not going to survive this.

I was packing my spare clothes in a bag to go on a camping trip with Elena when Damon came into my room. He was still unsupportive and no help to Elena's transition, being against us going on a hunt this morning.

"You're making a big mistake." Damon said with his feet on the table.

"No, I'm not. If I can get Elena used to animal blood right out the gate." I explained as I continue to pack. "You're reaching." He said.

"Maybe she'll be able to bypass all the things that we went through." I said.

"Delusional!" Damon mocked discouragingly, he picked up a letter knife and started playing around with it.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Maybe she actually has a shot at this." I said hopefully. "Wrong. You're just wrong, Stefan." Damon continued to be less enthusiastic of the idea.

Seriously, if you're not here to help then get the hell out of my room.

"She won't be able to handle it if she hurts someone, Damon. Her compassion is her Achilles heel and everything is magnified right now." I reasoned hoping it would get through to his thick and stubborn skull but I doubt it.

"Then you better hope she's not a fan of Bambi." Damon slammed a letter knife onto the table then looked me straight in the eye. "She needs human blood, Stefan, from the vein."

I knew he would say that and it was definitely a bad idea. It was obviously clear that Damon wants things to go his way or no way at all. "Oh, come on, you know what happens. You name me a vampire who didn't kill at least one person when they were new." I looked at him.

Damon got up from his chair and glared at me. "You name me one who went on a bunny diet and didn't kill dozens." He was obviously pointing at me but I wasn't going to let Elena become anything like me and I definitely wasn't going to let her become anything like him.

"If she kills someone, she will crumble. How much pain do you think she could take before she shuts off her humanity switch?" I argued with him which seemed pointless because Damon listens to no reasons other than his own.

"It happens to the best of us at least once." He replied as though it was normal. "We get over it, Stefan. A hundred years or so."

He was unbelievable. It was like he's not even the least bit concerned about Elena and what are the consequences for her. "No, I think I'd like her to skip that part."

I walked over to grab my jacket from the chair when I turned around Damon was unpacking my bag and putting them back in my closet. "She can't learn to control the bloodlust if she's never actually experienced the bloodlust." He said.

I glare at him sharply. "What are you doing? Knock it off." I was about to put the clothes back in the bag again when Damon kept taking them out.

"It's a cheat. It's like giving a kid a calculator before they know math." He said.

"I said stop it!" I grabbed his arm but Damon slapped me away, then we had an intense stare off. Neither of us was going to back down to the other.