The City of Lights / Dire than we thought

Hey guys, 

Sorry for my long absence in this book. I underestimated the number of assignments I would get in uni. It's my first year and I didn't imagine it to be so much more tiring an exhausting than ever. 

Anyway, I'm managed to finish a few of them ahead of time to set aside some time to write this chapter. I know some of you are dying to see more of Klaus and Laura so I wrote something you will all enjoy.  I had fun writing this too because of the dynamic between these two. 

I posted this without having time to edit any mistakes because I know you guys can't wait to start reading so I won't waste your time anymore. 

Please enjoy. <3<3<3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Laura's POV

Once we arrived in Paris, Klaus booked for us staying at a luxury suite in a five-star hotel. As much as I was in awe to stay in such a luxury hotel, I wasn't exactly at all pleased to be sharing a room with Klaus. But since I agreed to play his fake wife just to amuse him, and I couldn't argue when he said he's there to protect if anything happens.

It's only our second day since landing and I was lying in bed with my back against the backboard. I was dressed in a bathrobe after my shower talking to the hotel concierge on the phone receiver.

"Hi, this is Mrs. Salvatore from the deluxe suite. I've noticed we're missing a few bathroom products; moisturizer, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion. Would you mind sending someone up with those?" I spoke with refine in my voice as I held one of the bottles in my hand.

"Certainly, Mademoiselle. Is there anything else I can help you with?" The man on the phone asked politely with polished manners. "That will be all, thank you." I smiled pleasantly almost feeling guilting for tricking him.

Well very, I will send someone up with your items, Ma'am." He responded. "Merci beaucoup." Ending my call with the concierge, I put the phone receiver down and noticed Klaus has been watching me this whole time. "What?"

He shook his head astounded with me as he sat on the sofa by the window. "Was that really necessary? I can buy you all the bathroom bottles you want." He said.

I pulled a wide smirk and giggle. "It's better when it's free. Besides, it's not stealing when the hotel know people do this all the time." I smiled triumphantly and he rolled his eyes at me. "Don't give me that. You've done a lot worse things than I have."

I slipped out of bed and put the bathroom bottles in my luggage before walking off into the bathroom to dry off my hair with the hairdryer. "Heard anything from them yet?" I asked in regards to our friends searching for the cure on the island. I didn't have to raise my voice over the hairdryer because it makes a quiet vacuum noise.

"Still the same as always. No cure yet." Klaus answer giving his phone a quick glance. "We might not receive anything new from them for a while. We'll just have to hang tight, love."

I let out a small huff as I flick the dryer back and forth with the motion of my wrist at my hair. "So I'm to enjoy my time here in Paris while I don't have the slightest clue as to how they're doing?" I look at him from the doorway.

"That was the point of this trip, love." Klaus smirked and I rolled my eyes at him.

My hair was close to drying so I turned off the hairdryer and set it aside. I went back into the room to pick up the dress Klaus have picked out for me hanging on the closet door.

At this moment, there was a knock on our door. "That might be the maid. Klaus, go answer the door and be sure to tip them." I said to him and walked back into the bathroom to change.