Smells Like Teen Spirit

Laura's POV

Ever since I came home, I've been getting this strange feeling that's telling me I should be suspicious of Damon and Elena. I'm almost 100% sure that there's something between them, although they tried hiding it but it's so obvious.

The night I came back, I stayed over at Damon's, it was the first time in three months we were reunited but the feeling was different. I felt as though he wasn't there with me and that's when I was sure something was wrong with him.

I want to trick my mind to believe it's just how they are when they're around each other, they never liked each other to begin with, but no matter how hard I tried, the feeling was still there.

I might regret it but I have to find out the truth.

I needed to shirk off this feeling so I was determined to find out what happened between them while I was away. I might not want to know but it's between that being in the dark.

Caroline, I'll just ask Caroline I thought.

She's my friend but she's one to spill any secret to you, she's always dying to find out people's secrets and sharing it to everyone. The longest duration of her keeping a secret is less than two hours. Even after becoming a vampire that one quality about her never changed.

I dragged myself to school and people were greeting me as I got in because they haven't seen me all summer break. They kept saying that I missed out on a lot of things. I was tempted to say 'you have no idea'.

I had History first so when I got to class just as the bell went off, Elena was talking privately to Ric, they quickly disband when everyone else was getting in.

I took my usual seat at the back, Elena sat in the seat two rows in front of me with Caroline next to her on one side and Tyler behind Caroline.

Stefan came walking in with a smirk and arrogant look on his face, like one of those high school jerks. He went up to the kid next to Elena.

"You're in my seat." He said, I bet the kid was frightened because he hurried off to find another seat.

Elena looked at him in dismay, Caroline and Tyler both stare at him as if he's a different person, well he was.

Ric commenced the lesson by scribbling on the board. "Welcome back, seniors. Let's turn our brains back on, starting with this country's original founders... the Native Americans." He proceeded.

Not to be disrespectful to Ric, but I can't find myself to be interested in the subject because I was too fixated on Elena and Damon's strange close bond. And plus I was getting bored.

"What about the Vikings?" A familiar voice called out.

I looked up to see it was Rebekah, she had books in her hand and a bag with her as she took the seat in the front row.

Everyone had their eyes on the new girl. "There's no evidence that Viking explorers actually settled in the United States. " Ric replied with theory when he look at her confused.

"Who are you?"

"My name's Rebekah. I'm new. And history's my favourite subject." She answered. Ric glanced over to Elena who was shaking her head in horror.

Rebekah turned herself back to me. "Hey, Laura!"

She waved with a big smile, prompting everyone to turn around and look at me.

I groaned. "Oh, no"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I changed into my training outfit and joined all the other cheerleaders out in the field. The cheerleaders were training and so were the football team, taking up most of the field. We start off with traditional stretches before we actually start to put together a routine.