Ghost World

Laura's POV

My eyes must be puffy and red, I've been crying all night with no rest, I didn't sleep. I tried crying myself to sleep but I just couldn't. I've been sitting here throughout the entire night after my confrontation with Elena.

I've been look out the window, watching as different car models cruise past my house to distract my mind from things. But...

I kept reminding myself about last night, letting it reply over and over in my head to remind me that it was real, which was why I couldn't sleep.

I have to keep this real.

Not realising that a tear had fallen from my face again, I quickly wipe away the tear track from my face before I bury my face in my lap, with my arms being the barrier, allowing myself to cry in silence.

After a while, I heard knocking on my door but I don't respond to whoever it was. "Hey, you okay?" I heard my sister's annoying voice.

I snapped my head up. "Do I look 'okay'?!"

She looked away with guilt written on her face as she stuttered for words. "Do you want something to eat? I could make--" She asked when my irritations exploded.

"Don't think breakfast in bed is going to fix anything, it's not an apology that I want and you can't cook a damn thing. So no, I'm not hungry." She looked hurt but I couldn't care less because they did this to me.

I turn back to the window.

"Laura, I--"

"Just go away, Elena!" I snapped. "Don't make me hate you more than I already I do!"

She was quiet before leaving my room.

After crying for another hour until my hearts content, I finally unglued myself from the window's sofa to refresh myself with a nice warm shower.

After I've freshen up and dressed myself, I made my way downstairs to the kitchen. Ric and Jeremy were there.

"Well, look who's decided to come down?" My brother teased.

I tirelessly glare at him. "Not...in the mood."

I grab an apple and took a bite into it but regretting afterwards, because nothing was appetizing to my taste.

"Hey, Jeremy and I are going the town square to listen to Mystic Falls history, wanna join?" Ric suggested.

"I can't, Caroline already signed me up to hang some lanterns for Illumination Night. She's been nagging me to go all morning. " I answered.

He nodded in pity. "Although I'd rather do that than go to some history lecture that's not necessarily true." I dissed the idea.

"Tobias Fell is the head of the history department. I didn't have a choice." Ric stated.

"Well that explains why you're going. I don't get why I have to go." Jeremy complained when Ric gave him a look.

"Because I'm the one who can fail you if you don't help me out." He threatened.

I scoff a laugh.

"If you're going to help Caroline, I can drive you there on the way." Ric offered.

"Sure" I shrugged.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Once Ric dropped me off I started carrying out the job and hung the lanterns with Bonnie and Caroline when she started talking about the Vicki incident when she almost roasted me.

"So when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna, too?" Caroline asked as she kept the ladder stable for Bonnie to climb it.