The Beginning of...

Hey guys, 

Sorry it took me a while to update. I was hoping the final battle would end in an epic way but it's apparently hard for the imagination. I'm not good with action scenes so I try to make it decent and, well... you'll just have to read on. 

Like I have announced in my previous update, this book is coming to ending VERY soon. I am sorry to announce that the next chapter will be the last chapter of the entire fanfic. I  want to thank everyone who stuck around, waiting endless for my indefinite updates. For that, I both thank you and apologise for making you all put up with me. 

I'll apologise again because I'm not sure when exactly I will be able to update the final chapter.  I will work on getting it done as soon as I can. 

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Third Person's POV

"Laura, you okay?"

Her ears were still ringing from the minor explosion and she could hardly hear Stefan's echoing voice. She opened her eyes and saw nothing but darkness. She felt his strong arms wrapped around her protectively.

Remembering what had happened, Laura jolted a gasp and immediately checked to make sure Niko was unhurt from the accident. Thankfully, he was alright but the attack gave him a shock and he wouldn't stop crying.

The explosion knocked out the lights of the mansion leaving Laura vulnerable to the darkness. "I can't see anything." Feeling timid, she held Niko closer to her chest. "It's okay. I got you." Stefan spoke beside her ear which made her tense up a little. He helped her on her feet and held her close.

The mansion was under attack with Esther leading an army of the witches and hybrids killed in the Expression Triangle. The hybrids stepped out of the woods in their wolf forms with their golden eyes spotted in the dark.

"Looks like mother adopted your hybrids as her pets. Ironic, isn't it?" Rebekah remarked, staring out the window as their enemies surrounded the mansion.

Displeased, Klaus glared murderously at their mother standing in the woods with her new friends. "She's not going to stop until she—" He turned back to Laura who was trying to soothe their wailing son while trying to remain calm herself. He saw the fear in her eyes when she looked at him, and he was determined to keep her and their child safe.

"Grandma of the Year, huh?" Damon said sarcastically.

"Someone should make sure nothing happens to the Bennett witch." Elijah suggested. He knew his mother well enough to know she must have made preventative measures to keep the veil down. "I'll go." Alaric said, then disappeared the next second.

Outside the mansion, Esther turned to the pack's leader and gave her signal through a single nod. The hybrid nodded and signaled a low howl for the other hybrids to get into position.

"Get back!" Damon yelled, skidding back just as several hybrids broke through the windows. They set their sights on Laura and her baby and marked them as their primary targets.

Laura could hardly see them under the moonlight if not for their noticeable golden eyes, preying her in the dark. One of them was right in front of her, growling like a wild animal and she automatically took a step back, holding Niko preciously close to her.

Stefan stood protectively in front and the hybrids didn't hesitate to launch their attack. Laura gasped just as one of the wolves jumped at her and Stefan pounced on them, knocking them to the floor.