Miracle Baby

Hey guys, 

I'm finally back with another update on Laura's story, I wanted to post this before I start my exam which is in two weeks. So if you're reading my other book you might you hear from me until after mid-June. 

I know there's a lot of you out there also approaching your exam periods so I wish the best of luck for everyone.  The exams this year is definitely going to be different that any year but we're going to get through this. So study hard. 

There's another note at the end of the story so please read that. 

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Stefan's POV

"Somebody help! Please!"

Doctors and nurses came rushing to my side the minute I stepped into the emergency room carrying Laura in my arms. She was falling in and out of consciousness and crying over her stomach pain.

"Put her over here." One of the doctors instructed and I laid her on the bed. "What happened?" He asked, using his stethoscope to check her heartbeat. "She— She fell." I answered truthfully, leaving out the part where her doppelganger tried to kill her.

Laura was sweating from her forehead and breathing heavily as she tried to stay awake. "Ma'am, can you hear me? Can you tell me your name?" The doctor asked as part of protocols but Laura didn't answer.

They started checking the baby through the ultrasound for any signs of movement. "Sir, I'm going to need you to step back." One of the nurses gently pushed me back so they could get to work.

I stepped aside and grabbed my hair in distress as I watched the doctors and nurses surround her. "Stefan..." I jolted at the touch of someone grabbing my shoulder and turned around.

"How is she?" Damon asked, looking out of breath as he looked at Laura. "I— I don't know..." Just by looking at the chaotic mess in front of us, we both knew the situation was bad.

For a brief moment, I noticed Elena standing in the corner watching her sister with a shocked look on her face. My assumption tells me her humanity is back and I couldn't be bothered to care about it then.

"Ma'am, can you tell me your name?" The doctor's question was left unanswered when Laura couldn't focus her dazed eyes on her surroundings. "She's losing a lot of blood." The nurse informed him.

Noticing her vitals were dropping from the monitors, the doctor hung his stethoscope around his neck. "The baby's not moving. We're going to have to operate on her now." On his orders, the medical staff started to wheel her towards the operating room.

My heart dropped at the news of her baby and I started to panic. "Stefan..." Laura reached out her hand for me and I rushed to her side.

I grabbed her hand and unintentionally bumped a nurse out of the way. Laura's eyes were still unfocused as she stared at the ceiling. "Laura, you're going to be okay. I'm right here." I said.

I held her hand tight until we got close to the double doors to the emergency room. One of the nurses pulled me back just as they pushed open the doors. "Sir, you can't go back there. Sir—"

I was forced to let go of Laura's hand and watched them wheel her away. "Stefan..."

The doors closed until I couldn't see her anymore. I grabbed the doctor who was about to step in through the doors. "Please. You have to help her. You have to help her and the baby." I said desperately.