Alone with Klaus

Laura's POV

The house was quiet and still with only the sound of the soft, gentle music playing pleasantly to my ears. Though the air was at ease, I was quite annoyed with the situation I was in. I let out a heavy sigh as I stared out the window with my head turned and my body forced to sit still.

"You're tickling me." I sounded bored with my eyes staring lazily at Klaus sitting before me. "Well, you're tickling my neck with all your breathing so I guess we're even." He spoke confusing below my chest.

I glared at him. "How long do I have to keep sitting like this!" I whined tirelessly.

Klaus stopped moving his hands and looked at me. "You said this would be fun." I pouted to him. "I didn't say it would be fun for you, love." I scoffed at him.

I tried moving when he grabbed me still. "Come on, keep still. I'm almost finished." He said dabbing more paint pigment onto his brush and resumed his work on my body.

Somehow, Klaus managed to persuade me into letting him do the belly painting. It's not something I was interested in doing because I'm really ticklish but he bribed me. Saying if I let him paint on my belly, he'll take me to somewhere special.

He wouldn't tell me where but he said a pregnant girl like me needs a change of scenery other than coping up in Mystic Falls all the time. So I'm guessing his special place is somewhere I'm not going to expect.

"I do hope the 'somewhere special' you mention is all worth it since I'm giving you permission to violate my body with paint." I stared at him speaking sarcastically.

Klaus looked at me for a second and smirked. "I can assure you, it'll be worth it. For you." He said and I finally pulled a smile. "I'm holding you to it." He smiled then goes back to painting my body.

Trying not to move to much I turn, I swayed my head a little to the sound of soft music playing in the background. I closed my eyes to enjoy the music feeling each stroke of the brush on my skin.

Just when my mind was free from thought, my mind becomes occupied with my friends. Stefan, Damon and Elena left to find the cure on some island in Nova Scotia with Jeremy, Bonnie, Rebekah and Professor Shane.

I just hope everything goes alright.

I breathed out a sigh and Klaus felt it. "You're thinking." He spoke. "Oh really? I didn't know my brain could that." I said sarcastically.

"You're supposed to be relaxing not giving your mind a migraine." He said and I let out another sigh. "I can't help it if I'm worried that something might go wrong or if something were to happen to them." I voiced my concerns.

Klaus stopped painting once again to look at me. "What if the cure doesn't exist?" I asked quietly almost in a whisper. He looked grimly at me before proceeding. "For your sister and Stefan's sake, let's hope it does." He said and resumed his painting again.

This time I sat quietly and waited.

About twenty minutes later, Klaus put down his brushed and leaned back a little to admire his work before smiling with satisfaction. "It's done." I let out an exasperation. "Finally! Come on, show me I'm pretty."

Klaus eyed me then held up a big mirror for me to see my reflection. I was taken awe as I stare at my belly covered with an explosion of colours. It was a painting of a newborn infant born from a blossoming flower in a garden.

The sight of the painting was enough to make me tear up. "Do you like it?" Klaus looked nervous for my response.

"It's beautiful... I love it."