Chapter 9

Writer's Pov.

Grimmauld place.

"You won't hurt me?" Draco asked in a low tone.

"No, I will never hurt you. Do you think that I am like those monsters?" Harry asked to which Draco nodded his head in denial.

"Thank you for saving me, Harry," Draco said and Harry smiled brightly as Draco called him by his name for the first time.

Harry held Draco's hand in his. "It was my duty and I apologize for being late," Harry spoke and tears fell from Draco's eyes.

"V...very very late. The..ey they I..I d..die" Draco tried to form a sentence but it was not possible for him as sobs left his mouth. Harry slowly pulled Draco in a hug and started caressing his back. He gave Draco a few moments to collect himself.

After a few minutes, they broke the hug and Draco wiped his tears. "I want to die. Wh..why am I a..alive?"

"You are only twenty, Draco, you have a whole life ahead to live. I cannot imagine the pain you have gone through and it will take you months to come out of it but once you do, you will have a whole beautiful life to live, Draco." Harry said while cupping Draco's face. He caressed his cheeks and wiped a few tears.

"Wh..who will be w..with a broken and u..used death eater?" Draco cried more.

"Come with me?" Harry asked in a low tone and Draco immediately looked up at him.

'Is He going to throw me away?' He thought.

Harry didn't wait for Draco's reply, he held his hand and dragged him in front of the mirror.

"What are you seeing in the mirror?" Harry asked in a low tone.

Draco looked at his reflection and saw a broken Draco Malfoy standing.

"Tell me, Draco, what are you seeing?" Harry asked again.

"Cr..crying and broken Draco," Draco replied. "Weak, abused, a..assaulted, pathetic death eater."

Harry nodded his head in denial and said. "You know what I see in this mirror, Draco?" Draco looked down at Harry. "A man who has grown up and changed into a good person. A man who walked into his trials and owned up to his mistakes and crimes and took his punishment gracefully with a promise that once he gets out of Azkaban, he is going to be a good person." Harry's hold on Draco's hand tightened. "A man who has gone through so much abuse for an entire year yet he is strong enough to stand in front of me, alive. A man who didn't give up his life because he knew that his life is important for the people who love him."

Draco felt himself breaking down, hearing Harry's words. He fell on his knees and hunched down as he cried loudly. Harry immediately got to his knees, held Draco near his body, and said softly.

"I know you have gone through the worst but it's over. Now your days are only going to be brighter and happier. Nothing worse can happen to you than that has already happened. You are alive even after a year of abuse just imagine how strong you are, Draco."

Draco leaned his head on Harry's shoulder crying more, breaking completely in Harry's arms.

"It's okay to cry, Draco. It's okay to let it out. Trust me you are safe here in my arms. I promise I won't let anyone harm you. Just be as vulnerable as you want to be and I promise I will hold you. I am here for you." Harry spoke softly in his ears as Draco's arms wrapped around Harry tightly while letting out loud wails of cry.

Harry went quiet and let him cry as much as he wanted. Draco needed to let it out. He needed to cry it out, shout it out only then he would be able to take a step towards his future. Only then he would be able to move on. It won't be easy but it was not impossible.