Chapter 29

Writer's Pov.

Grimmauld Place.

A few days later.

It's been a few days since Harry had a conversation with Hermione about his bond with Draco. That night was spent normally however, from the next day Harry maintained a distance from Draco.

There were fewer 'I love yous', fewer kisses, and less cuddling from Harry's side. Their afternoon cuddling time on the chair was completely cut down by Harry, who spent his afternoon in their house library whereas, Draco spent his afternoon mostly in bed. They ate together but with less conversation. They slept at different times now. Draco slept early and Harry went to their room past midnight which was not the case before.

Draco, who was so attached to Harry and their 'together' time, immediately felt the distance. It didn't take him even two days to realize that Harry was distancing himself. At first, he thought to give him some space, maybe Harry was doing it unintentionally but soon it was clear to him that it was intentional.

The way Harry dodged their afternoon cuddling time by making excuses, the way he stopped coming to bed early by giving some stupid reasons, and the way he stopped expressing his love for Draco were enough to convey Harry's intentional distancing.

Draco tried his best to know the reason by himself. At first, he thought maybe he had committed some sort of mistake that caused such distance in between them however he could think of nothing that could set Harry off. Then he thought that maybe Harry was trying to find his career stream so that he could start working but soon Draco realized that was not the case. Then he came up with the only left reason that Harry was fed up with him and his child and he wanted to get rid of them.

'This has to be the reason,' Draco thought.

His life and his happiness suddenly took a negative turn. His afternoons and nights were spent in crying himself to sleep. He was trying hard to find the reason that caused Harry to stop loving him.

Maybe it was his emotional behavior, maybe he was too clingy for Harry's liking, maybe Harry was fed up with his insecurities, maybe the way he looked, maybe lack of physical intimacy, or maybe he just had enough of babysitting Draco. There were so many reasons that he was not able to point out one. It could also be his destiny that wanted to give him more pain.

He was even worried about his baby girl. If Harry left Draco then what would happen to them? He was not mentally stable and this heartbreak would break him apart. How would he be able to take care of his baby in such a state?

Maybe he should give birth and then give his baby to someone. After that, he could just die? His baby girl would live a good life and his sufferings would end.

At present, Draco was sitting on their bed. He woke up a few minutes back and looked around his room. As usual, Harry was not in the room. It was expected now. Draco mostly woke up alone and met Harry during their breakfast but this wouldn't happen today. Today Draco had no intention of going down for breakfast.

He was broken, completely devastated but he had taken his decision and he would stick with it. Today, he would have a conversation with Harry about his behavior. He would ask for an explanation and if he didn't get one then he would leave this house forever. He knew that even if Harry was distancing himself, he was still taking care of his potions and meals so he would come here to take him for breakfast.

And he came. Draco had to wait for a few minutes before their bedroom door opened and Harry stepped inside.

"Good morning. Come let's eat breakfast?" He asked softly but Draco didn't reply.