Chapter 14

Writer's Pov.

Malfoy Manor.

Draco was not crying, wasn't reacting, his brain was not registering it. He was lying on the ground looking at his mother's tombstone with no expression on his face. He didn't know what to do, how to react, what to say.

He felt someone kneeling near him saying something to him but he didn't recognize the voice. He laid, on the ground, for minutes maybe hours.

His mother, his only family, the person he loved the most, was dead, she was no more with him. He failed to protect her. He failed to fulfill his promise to provide a good life for her. He failed in every step of his life. Why was he alive when his mother was no more? Why was he breathing when his mother had stopped?

He tried to move but was too weak. His body felt so weak that even trying to move was giving him pain. He wanted to react to the reality but even his cries won't be able to express his pain. The only person, for whom he was alive, for whom he took all the assaults yet never committed suicide was dead. She was dead. Gone Forever.

And he was not even present when she died when she took her last breath. He wasn't there for his mother, who was the only person who loved him.

"Draco?"

"Please say something?"

"Please react you are scaring me."

"Draco." Harry shook his body as Draco was lying on the ground for minutes and wasn't reacting at all. Harry was scared for Draco and he wanted him to at least react, at least get his feelings out.

Harry slowly picked up Draco's head and adjusted him on his lap. He wrapped his arms around his shoulder and hugged him tightly.

"Please react, Draco. Please say something." Harry pleaded as he teared up seeing Draco's condition.

Draco looked up at Harry with an expressionless face. "Kill me, please?" Draco pleaded with no expression however his voice was filled with pain.

"Don't say that, Draco."

"I have no reason to live. Please put an end to my pain and suffering?"

"No, you have to live for yourself, for me."

"Use your wand and kill me please?" Draco didn't hear Harry and was saying things as if he were in some trance.

Harry cupped Draco's face and said softly. "Draco, even though I am an orphan, even though I don't have a family I am still alive because I have friends, who love me just like a family. You also have friends who love you, you have me. I love you Draco and I am not going to let you go."

Draco was not registering Harry's words as he was in a very different mental state.

"She said I have to be okay for her and she needs me in her life. I fulfilled my promise. I stayed alive for her after all the tortures but she betrayed me. She left me alone in this cruel world." Draco murmured.

"Alone all alone. No No, this world will eat me alive. I can't take anything anymore. I want to die. I need to die. I don't want to live. I have no reasons." Draco started speaking frantically as he pushed Harry's arms away from his body and tried to stand up.

Harry immediately held his shoulders and brought him down in his arms. Harry couldn't let Draco go, he was dangerous to himself.

Draco panicked as arms wrapped around his body from behind.

"Leave me, leave me." He shouted as he tried his best to get out of the person's hold.

"Draco, it's me, Harry. I am not going to harm you." Harry said as Draco was desperately trying to get out of his hold.