Chapter 30

Writer's POV.

Grimmauld Place.

A week later.

It's been a week since they broke up. These days, they saw each other only during their meals where Harry made sure that Draco took the correct potions at the correct time. They didn't talk at all except if something was related to Draco's potions.

Harry was giving him as much space and time as Draco wanted. He didn't try to pursue Draco because he didn't want to worsen things more. He had already destroyed their relationship enough and didn't want to destroy anything more.

Harry was staying in his bubble where he had blocked everyone out. He didn't even allow Ron and Hermione. Ron and Hermione got to know that they had broken up however, Harry didn't tell them the reason behind it. Harry neither shared his feelings with them nor talked to them. He wanted to take this pain alone as he was the sole reason behind it, that's what he thought.

He mostly stayed locked up in his room. The peace, the calmness that he felt before when they were together was now gone and replaced with tears and anxiety. He had got multiple breakdowns in just a few days especially whenever he felt the strings of their bond disappearing. He dealt with his breakdowns alone either by crying for hours or by drinking multiple calming draughts.

The only time, he felt a little sane was during their meals together. The fact that he got to see Draco three times a day gave him some sort of peace. And the fact that he needed to guide Draco regarding his potions gave him some purpose for the day. He spent the rest of the day by sitting on 'their' chair with their daughter's picture in his arms and looking outside the window aimlessly.

He was disappointed with himself and his nature. He knew that he had messed up this time but he wanted to get his Draco back in his life and in his arms.

Draco's condition was not better than Harry's. There hadn't been a single night this past week when he had not cried himself to sleep. Hadn't been a single day when he had not longed for Harry's simple hug. He was missing him every minute, every second.

For the first time since he started living here, he realized how much he was attached to Harry. Harry had become his habit and he didn't even know if this was good or bad.

There were moments when he just felt like going to Harry and making up with him. However, his anger, his pain stopped him every time. The more he thought about what Harry did, the more betrayed he felt, the more he got hurt. Maybe because he never expected something like that from his Harry. Maybe because he thought that he had some value in Harry's life and the fact that he was proven wrong was killing him from the inside.

Every time he closed his eyes, he could only hear voices in his head insulting him, mocking him, telling him how useless he was.

'Your kid is so worthless, Narcissa, can't even perform a normal spell.' Lucius shouted angrily. 'He is five, Lucius.' Narcissa replied.

'How can you get lower grades than that bloody mudblood Granger?' Lucius shouted at an 11-year-old Draco stayed quiet. 'Bloody useless.'

'How were you defeated by that Potter boy in Quidditch, Draco? You have been flying since you were five and you even had a better broomstick. How many times are you going to disgrace the Malfoy Family?'

'I have given you one single job and you can't even finish that? How much time shall I give you more, Malfoy? You deserve a night in my facility then you will realize the importance of your lord's work.' Voldemort snarled. 'I apologize, my lord, I am worki...' 'Crucio.'

Draco was on a cold floor, hardly conscious, bruised, and in pain when he heard the two men present in the room speaking. 'He hasn't eaten since yesterday, shall I give him some food?' 'No, we have very less stock of food left so why waste on this useless slut?' 'He will die.' 'We will get someone else for us.' And they laughed before leaving the room.