Chapter 16

Writer's Pov.

St Mungos.

"You need to eat more now," Harry said firmly and pushed a spoonful of food into Draco's mouth. He chewed and gulped down with difficulty.

After getting the news that he was pregnant and after acknowledging their feelings for each other, for a few hours, he forgot his pain and stayed in Harry's arms, happily. However, his bubble of happiness broke as soon as he remembered his mother's death and Harry's lies regarding the same.

His insecurities, his pain, and his sadness punched him again so he was sitting on a bed with no expression trying to gulp down the food being fed by Harry.

His eyes were fixed on Harry as he was trying to figure out their relationship. They have verbally confessed that they have feelings for each other but was this right? Was this right for Harry?

'Does Harry deserve a pregnant used death eater? Does he deserve someone who is broken to a level that he can't give anything to Harry? Does he deserve a child who is not even his?' Draco thought.

And what about Harry's lies to him? He lied to him about his mother's death. Would he be able to trust him again?

"Are you okay, Draco?" Asked Harry worriedly.

Draco looked up at him and saw the plate of food kept aside on a table and he was sitting in front of him while holding his hands.

"Are you unsure about us?" Harry asked.

"You lied about my mother's death, Harry. How will I trust you again?" Draco asked and before Harry spoke, he continued. "And I don't think that Harry Potter, the chosen one, the boy who lived, the boy who defeated the dark lord, deserves a filthy death eater and his child. You can get anyone just by your name or by one single look so why me, Harry?"

"Draco..."

"This has to be some kind of a joke or a prank or maybe a dare. Be honest with me Harry, are you playing around? If you are fooling around just tell me right now, please. Trust me, I will understand and leave your life forever. My life has already been very cruel to me and I won't be able to take more pain. Please, just confess the truth."

"Shh, Draco." Harry shushed him by placing a finger on Draco's lips. "Stop making such stupid conclusions in your head. I am not fooling around. This is not a dare or prank or a joke. It's real. My feelings for you are real, Draco, trust me."

Harry took a small breath and continued. "About the lie, then you have all the right to be upset with me but you were vulnerable two months back, way too broken to digest the truth. I knew that you were alive only for your mother and the truth would kill you. I know I am wrong for hiding your mother's death from you but that was the only option I had. I just wanted to keep you alive at that time and I am ready to take any punishment for it, Draco. Punish me but don't push me away, please?"

Draco looked into Harry's eyes, trying to figure out what to do. His feelings were intense and true toward Harry. He didn't want to go away from him but he was hurt by his lies.

"Promise me that you won't lie to me in the future if we are together?" Draco asked a promise and extended his right hand. Harry held his hand immediately and said. "I promise I will try my best not to lie to you in the future."

Draco glared at him at his words 'Try my best'. Harry saw the look on his face and said sheepishly. "Small innocent lies have to be allowed."

Draco pouted but then nodded in yes. They stayed silent for a few minutes before Draco said in a low tone. "You still don't deserve someone like me." He wanted Harry to get the best partner and he was nowhere near the best.