Chapter 16

"You want to appear on the program? Why all of a sudden?"

Mansik was taken aback. It wasn't like Junwoo to act so hastily. It was unlike him to decide to appear on the show without any information, not knowing what they wanted. It wasn't typical of him.

"I got curious. To see if it's different from back then."

Mansik didn't ask about 'back then.' He just wanted to double-check if what he had heard was true.

"Are you serious?"

"Are you going to stop me?"

Blink.

Junwoo's expression seemed to say, "What's there to worry about?"

Mansik felt an unfamiliar emotion. It was the first time this guy had brought up something he wanted to do in front of him.

Suddenly, all the concerns he had been harboring became blurry.

"I won't stop you. What can I do if it's something you want to do?"

"What about you, Mister?"

"Huh?"

"You always ask me. Don't you have something you want?"

"For me, well, there's nothing more to wish for right now."

"How much was the prize money?"

"A hundred million? Around something like that. Why do you ask?"

"If I win that, I'll give that amount to you, Mister."

"Huh."

Mansik let out a satisfied chuckle at Junwoo's self-assured attitude.

"Do you have that much confidence? If you act like that on the broadcast, won't you hear complaints? And why would you give it to me?"

"I know you went through a lot because of me."

"Yeah, I thought I was going to die answering the phone. I should change my number or something."

"No, I mean when we were preparing for the performance. The venue was small compared to the number of people coming, and it was beyond your ability to handle it alone."

'I wonder if he knew. I tried not to show it, but there was no way I could hide it from him.'

"You're not going to keep doing theater here, are you? If you want to grow that much, you need to move."

Junwoo added a playful tone,

"Geez. I can't argue with that; it's not entirely wrong. Anyway, you know you can be a handful sometimes, right?"

Mansik also smiled and said. He knew that Junwoo was saying that on purpose, to not put any pressure on Mansik.

Seeing them talk about the prize made him wonder if winning was his main goal.

"But why the sudden change of heart? You suddenly want to aim for the championship?"

"Oh no, it's not like that. But since we're doing it, I might as well aim for the money, right?"

"If those kids pull some tricks, you might not even get a single scene of your acting on air. Or maybe try to handle it delicately."

"It doesn't matter. I just find it interesting."

Junwoo recalled a moment from the past for a brief moment.

On the day that Junwoo had a successful performance in his previous life, a party was held in the living room.